Check-In and Check-Out Information
Check In for the 2-day overnight Orientation Sessions
- Date: Day 1 (of your registered Orientation Session)
- Time: 7:45am-8:30am
- Location: Johnson and Hardwick Residence Halls, 2029 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122*
PLEASE NOTE: The check in location for the August 13-14 and August 19-20 Orientation Sessions is Temple Performing Arts Center, 1837 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122.
Check Out for the 2-day overnight Orientation Sessions
- Date: Day 2 (of your registered Orientation Session)
- Time: 4:00pm-4:30pm (some students may finish earlier)
- Location: Johnson and Hardwick Residence Halls, 2029 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
International Student Orientation (August 13-14)
- Date: August 13th
- Time: 7:45am-8:30am
- Location: Johnson and Hardwick Residence Hall, 2029 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Date: August 14th
- Time: 4:00pm-4:30pm
- Location: Johnson and Hardwick Residence Hall
PLEASE NOTE: International students attending New International Student Orientation, TBD, will receive free housing accommodations in Johnson and Hardwick Residence Halls.Breakfast, lunch and dinner will also be provided during the whole orientation period. International students must register for the New International Student Orientation TBD at www.temple.edu/isss. This is a different orientation than the mandatory 2-day orientation session you must register for through The Next Steps Channel of TUPortal.
Parking and Public Transportation
Please refer to the 'Resources' page for parking and transportation information. The Office of Orientation does not provide, reimburse, or validate parking or parking tickets during New Student Orientation Sessions.
Students arriving for Orientation Sessions after 8:45am will be asked to reschedule for another orientation date. Heavy traffic during morning rush hour on roads and highways leading into the city of Philadelphia should be planned for and expected.
Early Arrival Process
Students who live more than 100 miles from Temple's Main Campus may arrive the night before their registered orientation session for a fee of $30. Five of our ten orientation sessions allow for early arrival:
Students who wish to arrive the night before their orientation session must complete the following steps at least two weeks prior to your orientation session:
- Register for an orientation session that has the early arrival option (see dates above)
- AFTER YOU REGISTER FOR THE SESSION, send an email with your name, TUID number, and registered session date to firstname.lastname@example.org; the subject line of the email should be 'Early Arrival Request'
- A confirmation email will be sent back to you within 3 days
- Arrive between 5:00-7:00pm the night before your scheduled session and check in at Johnson & Hardwick Residence Hall
- The Office of Orientation will charge the $30 fee to the student's Fall semester bill. The Office of Orientation does not accept cash, checks, or credit cards.
PLEASE NOTE: Students arriving early will not be provided meals or activities the night before the orientation session begins. Due to the limited number of students who arrive early, students may not have a roommate(s) this night. The Residence Hall will be staffed with a security guard and student resident assistants.