Check-In and Check-Out Information
Check In for the 2-day overnight Orientation Sessions:
- Date: Day 1 (of your registered Orientation Session)
- Time: 7:45am-8:30am
- Location: Johnson and Hardwick Residence Halls, 2029 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122*
*The check in location for the August 15-16 and August 21-22 Orientation Sessions is Temple Performing Arts Center, 1837 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122.
Check Out for the 2-day overnight Orientation Sessions:
- Date: Day 2 (of your registered Orientation Session)
- Time: 4:00pm-4:30pm (some students may finish earlier)
- Location: Johnson and Hardwick Residence Halls, 2029 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
International Student Orientation Week (August 10-17, 2013)
Check In: August 10, any time, Johnson and Hardwick Residence Hall, 2029 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
Check Out: August 17, 8:00am, Johnson and Hardwick Residence Hall
PLEASE NOTE: International students must register for and attend the orientation session on August 15-16.
Parking and Public Transportation:
Please refer to the 'Resources' page for parking and transportation information. The Office of Orientation does not provide, reimburse, or validate parking or parking tickets during New Student Orientation Sessions.
Students arriving for Orientation Sessions after 8:45am will be asked to reschedule for another orientation date. Heavy traffic during morning rush hour on roads and highways leading into the city of Philadelphia should be planned for and expected.
Early Arrival Process:
Students who live more than 100 miles from Temple's Main Campus may arrive the night before their registered orientation session for a fee of $30. Four of our ten orientation sessions allow for early arrival: July 8-9, July 15-16, July 22-23, July 29-30
Students who wish to arrive the night before their orientation session must complete the following steps at least two weeks prior to your orientation session:
- Register for an orientation session that has the early arrival option (see dates above)
- AFTER YOU REGISTER FOR THE SESSION, send an email with your name, TUID number, and registered session date to firstname.lastname@example.org; the subject line of the email should be 'Early Arrival Request'
- A confirmation email will be sent back to you within 3 days
- Arrive between 5:00-7:00pm the night before your scheduled session and check in at Johnson & Hardwick Residence Hall
- The Office of Orientation will charge the $30 fee to the student's Fall semester bill in August. The Office of Orientation does not accept cash, checks, or credit cards.
*PLEASE NOTE: Students arriving early will not be provided meals or activities the night before the orientation session begins. Due to the limited number of students who arrive early, students may not have a roommate(s) this night. The Residence Hall will be staffed with a security guard and student resident assistants.