Office of Orientation
Before You Register for Freshman Orientation
Step 1: Pay University Deposit
- Deposits can be paid electronically through TUPortal or mailed to the university with the enrollment deposit form included in the acceptance packet. Mailed deposits can take up to 14 business days for the university to receive and process.
- PLEASE NOTE: Orientation and Placement Testing information is mailed and emailed to deposited students beginning April 1st. Students who do not pay a deposit will not receive our mailing and emails.
Step 2: Activate Your Temple University AccessNet Account
- If you have not already done so, log in to the TUPortal website and follow the instructions in the pop up window to acivate your AccessNet account.
- If you have not used the TUPortal website or do not see a popup when you log in, visit the Account Management website and follow the instructions for new students on the bottom right of the screen. You must activate your account in order to proceed. Activating your account includes setting up a permanent password.
- If you experience problems activating your AccessNet account please contact the Computer Services Help Desk at 215-204-8000.
Step 3: Activate Your Official TUmail Email Account
- Log in to TUPortal with your AccessNet username and the new password you created when activating your account. In the MyPortal tab, locate the list of links on the left under TUApplications and click TUMail - Gmail link. Accept the terms and conditions for use of your email. You can also go directly to the TUMail website (tumail.temple.edu) to read your university email at any time.
- PLEASE NOTE: All emails from Temple University will be sent to your TUmail Email account.
Step 4: Complete Placement Testing and New Student Questionnaire
- The online Placement Testing and New Student Questionnaire (NSQ) system becomes available to deposited students beginning April 1st (for Fall and summer) and November (for Spring). If you pay your deposit after April/November, the email will be sent 2 to 3 business days after your deposit has been received.
- Deposited students will receive an email from our office in their TUMail accounts notifying them that the Placement Tests and NSQ are now available through the Next Steps Channel of the TUPortal (located under Student Tools).
Step 5: Register for New Student Orientation
- The directions to register for orientation will be sent to your TUmail email account 2 to 3 business days AFTER completion of all placement testing and New Student Questionnaire (NSQ). A register for orientation link will also appear in your TUPortal, in the Next Steps channel when you have the ability to register. Please visit the 'Registration Instructions' page for additional information.
- You will receive a confirmation email 24-48 hours after you register for orientation. If you do not receive a confirmation email, you did not register correctly. At any time, students can check their registered orientation session in their TUPortal. Please follow the directions in the first question of our Frequently Asked Questions.
Important University Links: