What occurs during the academic portion of orientation?
- Presentation about your school or college
- An introduction to the curriculum (required courses) of your school/college
- A presentation about GenEd (General Education courses)
- Meet and greet with academic advisors in your school or college
- An introduction to the course registration system
- Assistance with course registration for your admitted semester (Fall or Spring)
- Information about University academic resources
How do I prepare for academic advising during orientation?
- Create a list of the following:
- Any questions you want to ask the academic advisors
- AP classes and tests completed during high school (if applicable)
- Any courses taken for college-credit (if applicable)
- International Baccalaureate courses or exams taken (if applicable)
- Familiarize yourself with the University Bulletin, including:
What should I bring to academic advising during orientation?
- Accessnet username and password
- List you created (see above question for how to prepare for advising)
What if I have questions after orientation?
Academic advising appointments can be made during the semester by contacting your school or college’s undergraduate advising center. Many advising centers also list walk-in advising hours and advisors contact information on their website. Students are encouraged to continually meet with their academic advising center during their time at Temple University. Click here for the list of Undergraduate Advising Centers.