Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there any particular way I must earn my 50 Leadership Diamond Points to be eligible to apply to the Diamond Leaders program?
No. You may earn your 50 Leadership Diamond Points through any combination of these components of the Student Leadership Challenge. Remember that you also must meet the other application requirements, including submission of a cover letter, resume, and one letter of recommendation by the March 31, 2011 deadline.
I’m not sure which components of the Student Leadership Challenge are right for me. Is there someone I can talk to?
Yes. Any member of the Office of Leadership Development would be happy to help you choose the programs that are right for you! Click here to view the members of our office, as well as our contact information.
If I receive 50 Leadership Diamond Points, am I guaranteed to be accepted to the Diamond Leaders program?
No. 50 Leadership Diamond Points makes you eligible to apply for the Diamond Leaders program, but you also must meet the other application requirements. Applications are due April 1, 2011 and interviews will be conducted in April, if needed.
If I complete half of a particular program (i.e. attended only part of the Student Leadership Conference, Emerging Leaders Seminar, Service Leadership Experiences), will I receive half of the Leadership Diamond Points for that component?
No. Leadership Diamond Points are awarded only after successful completion of a program.
How can I keep track of how many Leadership Diamond Points I have earned?
The Temple University Student Leadership Organization on Blackboard is the mechanism to track your participation in the various TU Student Leadership Challenge activities. This includes courses, seminars, service opportunities, leadership conferences, etc. Participation in each of these activities earns you Leadership Diamond Points.
How to add TU Student Leadership Challenge to your Blackboard Organizations
- Access TUportal. Type in your username and password
- Click on the Blackboard heading at the top
- Click on the Organizations tab on the left
- Type TU Student Leadership Challenge in the Search for Organization box
- When you find TU Student Leadership Challenge (19174), click on the Enroll button (located on the right)
- Click submit and then OK
- You are now enrolled!
How to check your points on Blackboard
- Log onto your Blackboard
- Click on “TU Student Leadership Challenge”
- Click on “Tools”
- Click on “My Grades”
- This will show you what events you have attended and how many points you have earned through this attendance. Remember, you need 50 Leadership Diamond Points to apply for the Diamond Leaders program.
- Please note: These points are for the Leadership Challenge only, you will not receive academic credit for your involvement in The Challenge
Do I have to be a Temple University undergraduate to participate?
Our programs are open to any currently registered Temple University undergraduate or graduate student.