Diamond Leader Program Overview
The Diamond Leaders are a distinguished team of Temple students who Learn, Grow, and Lead with integrity. They use their talents to empower the Temple and Philadelphia communities through service, peer facilitation, and developmental programming. Diamond Leaders participate in programs tailored to deepen their leadership development education and commit them to lead with integrity.
- Completed Cover Sheet (available through application page)
- Cover letter (Please reference how you earned your 50+ Leadership Diamond Points through the Student Leadership Challenge programs and why you want to be a Diamond Leader.)
- Reference letter by a professor or professional with whom you interact frequently (See page 3 for a document to share with the individual completing this letter.)
- 50+ Earned Leadership Diamond Points
- Graduation date of May 2015 or later
Diamond Leaders will:
- Uphold a strong sense of self-awareness and a habit of reflection to understand and appreciate personal strengths, values, leadership philosophy, and the best approach to working with others
- Recognize the complexities and have a working understanding of living and leading in diverse contexts within our networked, globalized world
- Identify personal passions, a vision for the future, and a guided understanding of vocational/career aspirations
- Exhibit core leadership skills and competencies for effective leadership in groups and teams (e.g. oral/written/interpersonal communication, budgeting, conflict management, etc.)
- Develop a sense of social responsibility and integrity as an engaged citizen of the world
Once selected as a Diamond Leader, each student must meet minimum requirements to ensure active engagement, including:
- Participation in one of our three “Lead Teams,” or committees focused on service, peer facilitation, and developmental programming
- Accumulate a total of 50 points by attending Diamond Leader and Office of Leadership Development events throughout the academic year
- Participation in at least two coaching sessions offered through the Office of Leadership Development
Each Diamond Leader belongs to one of three "Lead Teams" - Service, Peer Facilitation or Developmental Programming. The lead teams are comprised of students interested in a specific area of leadership development.
Students who stay active through the time of graduation will receive the Diamond Leaders Certificate and Medallion, which serves as a mark of distinction to the Temple community, employers and graduate school admissions committees.