Which Living Learning Community Program is for me?
Determining which Living Learning Community is best for you depend on several factors, including your class year, your interests, and your academic program. Faculty involvement with your education is also a key ingredient in all of Temple University's Living Learning Communities.
Depending on the community you choose, you may have a faculty member on your floor facilitating discussion outside of the classroom, attending courses taught in your residence hall, discussing ideas across classes with other students, or going on a fun and challenging leadership development retreat with other students and faculty. Through these and other activities, you will enhance your learning and form lifelong friendships with students from diverse backgrounds who share similar interests and goals.
Here are a few quick steps to discover more about specific learning communities and help you narrow down the options.
- Find out more about the Mission, Purpose and Goals of the Temple University Living Learning Community Program.
- Learn the lingo: Living Learning Communities refer to students living in our residence halls, learning communities are simply clusters of students involved in certain academic programs not affiliated with the Living Learning Community program.
- Review the different choices of Living Learning Community Programs to learn more about your options and the specific requirements. Please note, all locations are subject to change!
- Contact us! Call or email the Office of University Housing & Residential Life or the program of interest to learn more about these programs or with questions. You may also want to speak with one of our Peer Mentors. They are upper-class students that work with each of the communities.
- Learn about the difference in signing up for a Living Learning Community and the regular housing selection process available to all students. Acceptance into a Living Learning Community does require an application process and an automated assignment by the University’s administration.
- Click here to learn more about signing up!
That's all there is to it!