Healthy Lifestyles Living Learning Community
The Healthy Lifestyles Living Learning Community is designed to help students transition into college in a healthy way, specifically focusing on mindfulness meditation, diet, exercise, and the prevention of alcohol/drug use. Many students choose this community because they value living with like-minded peers who share the same interests, passions, and goals regarding academics as well as emotional and physical wellbeing. Past students have shared that there is something special about living and learning together that creates long lasting relationship beyond the freshman year of college.
The Healthly Lifestyles LLC is currently housed in 1940 Residence Hall.
- Navigate resources on Temple's Campus as well as the surrounding community to become advocates of their own comprehensive health and wellbeing.
- Identify valuable tools to safely, and effectively transition into college as it relates to alcohol, drugs, mental health, interpersonal violence and sexual health, thereby improving and sustaining their retention until graduation.
- Actively engage in group fitness activities, such as 5K runs/walks and fitness courses through campus recreation.
- Complete 2 fitness requirements per semester during their first semester of college.
- Explore the community in which they live by helping students access the diverse cultural, music and art work available in Philadelphia via SEPTA.
- Maintain a substance free living space (i.e., alcohol, tobacco, drugs).
- Participate in two physical activity programs per semester (intramurals, fitness class, community event-5k, AIDS Walk, sports oriented student organization, etc…).
- Participate in campus wide events sponsored by Health Education Awareness Resource Team.
- Enroll in a one-credit First Year Experience Course offered through The Healthy Lifestyles LLC.
- Encouraged enrollment in PH 2304 – Health Teaching Techniques for Peer Educators during the Spring semester.
- In the event a housing assignment was booked in another accommodation, submitting the request for this LLC will allow University Housing and Residential Life to cancel any bookings made previously in order assign you to this LLC.