Deciding Student Wing
This community is for students who are undeclared within the Division of University Studies. Students in this program are supported in both their academic and social transition to the Temple community. Features include participation in a Freshmen Seminar course in the fall semester, workshops, social events, a resident peer mentor and a dedicated academic advisor. There is also an opportunity to participate in a Freshmen Seminar II course offered in the spring semester.
- Be provide with an environment that promotes engagement in and eases the transition to Temple University through participation in a Freshman
- Seminar course and through the assistance of the Peer Mentor living on the wing.
- Create an environment that fosters a sense of community and a shared bond amongst other undeclared students living in the wing.
- Become aware of opportunities and resources for major exploration.
- Be provided opportunities to encourage confidence/satisfaction in student choices about majors and careers.
- Enrollment during the fall semester in a one-credit freshman seminar class that will explore a variety of topics including study skills, time management, technology, major exploration, and career planning. The class will be co-taught by the academic advisor and peer mentor for the wing.
- Participation in workshops and experiential activities designed to assist students connection to campus, their residence hall and the Philadelphia community. Previous opportunities included: individual and group advising within the residence hall, major exploration fairs, field trips to popular Philadelphia locations, information sessions, and faculty presentations about specific disciplines.
- Student must reside in the Deciding Student Wing of White Hall. In the event a housing assignment was booked in another accommodation, submitting the request for this LLC will allow University Housing and Residential Life to cancel any bookings made previously in order to assign you to this LLC.