Being undeclared can already feel alienating when surrounded by peers who appear to have it all figured out; Major Exploration (formerly Deciding Student Wing) aims to help these students realize and understand how hard it can be to know what to major in as a freshman, and that it is okay to take a semester or two to make an informed decision.
The Major Exploration LLC is currently housed in Johnson Hall.
- Increase connection to the Temple community and Philadelphia
- Increase student satisfaction in transitioning from high school to their first year of college.
- Explore majors through campus resources and opportunities
- Enrollment during the fall semester in a one-credit freshman seminar class that will explore a variety of topics including study skills, time management, technology, major exploration, and career planning. The class will be co-taught by the academic and peer advisor for the wing.
- Participate in workshops and experiential activities designed to assist students connection to the campus, their residence hall, and the Philadelphia community. Workshops and activities vary by year and are coordinated with Resident Advisors. Previous opportunities included: individual and group academic advising within the residence hall, major exploration fairs, field trips to popular Philadelphia locations, information sessions including the Career Center and Study Abroad, and faculty presentations about specific disciplines.
- In the event a housing assignment was booked in another accommodation, submitting the request for this LLC will allow University Housing and Residential Life to cancel any bookings made previously in order assign you to this LLC.