Students are obligated to pay for all charges for the fall and spring semesters in accordance with this contract. Any resident student planning to request to be released from this obligation must complete a Request to Release the Housing License Form beginning on November 14th. Forms will only be available during office hours 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on the 2nd floor of 1910 Liacouras Walk.
Please note:Students requesting a release from their contract for the Spring semester must be approved prior to moving out of our residence halls and receiving any release from their financial responsibility.
The Release Process
The following details pertain to steps involved with the Release Process:
- All requests must be made in writing. Students are required to submit documentation to University Housing & Residential Life as instructed on the release form.
- Students who complete a release form and provide documentation must have these materials reviewed by University Housing & Residential Life.
- Students will receive written confirmation of their release from a Customer Service Representative.
- A student is only considered released from their Housing License with this written confirmation.
Students may be granted a Release from University Housing & Residential Life for these following reasons:
- Attendance at a Study Abroad Program,
- Participation in a Full-time Internship,
- Required participation in Government Service, or
- Academic Dismissal
Students who are granted a release from University housing will have their housing and meal plan charges prorated from the start date of the license period through the date of their official check out of University housing. Students will not be assessed an additional release penalty.
Students also may be granted a Release from University housing for these following reasons:
- Withdrawing from Temple University
- Transferring to another College or University
These students will have their housing and meal charges pro-rated from the start date of the License period through the date of their official check out of University Housing & Residential Life. Further, these students will be charged a $200 release fee.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact Mrs. Johnson @ 215-204-3280 or email Jakki.firstname.lastname@example.org.