Keeping Our Halls Beautiful
Maintenance Operations assumes responsibility for the physical condition and appearance of all residence halls. Our purpose is to provide a clean, safe and attractive living environment for residents and resident life staff. We are committed to making time spent in the residence halls a positive, memorable component of the Temple experience.
We value all feedback from residents and staff, and use this communication to improve our service. Our ultimate goal is to be recognized among peers as a highly effective and efficient university housing maintenance department, and internally as a model of success and employee satisfaction.
Hours of operation are 7:30 AM and 4:00 PM, Sunday through Saturday.
Phone inquiries will only be addressed, Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-4:00PM.
After hours, for emergencies please contact the RA on Duty in your building.
Between the hours of 3:00 PM and 11:30 PM, Monday through Friday, there is a general mechanic on campus to address routine maintenance and repair needs.
Maintenance management personnel are on call between 4:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
Scope of Service
Temple University Housing Maintenance provides housekeeping service, daily trash removal, and repair or replacement of damaged or broken furnishings and fixtures in all University-owned Resident Housing.
Service is limited to all public and common areas:
- Community bathrooms (Johnson, Hardwick, and Peabody) & Public Rest Rooms
- Monday - Friday: clean toilets, sinks, showers and mirrors as needed, sweep and mop floor & restock soap, tissue and towels as needed
- Saturday & Sunday - clean gross soil, remove trash & re-line containers, re-stock soap, tissue and towels as needed.
- Study rooms, Social lounges, Fitness Centers, PC labs, Elevators, Lobbies, and Entry Areas
- Monday - Friday: sweep and mop or vacuum, empty trash & re-line containers, clean all (horizontal & vertical) surfaces
- Saturday & Sunday - clean gross soil, remove trash & re-line containers