Things Not Permitted
If you have questions about a specific item and whether or not it is permitted in university housing, you should contact your Front Desk/Residential Life Office or refer to the Student Planner/Handbook which is provided during check-in.
Things NOT Permitted in Residential Halls
- firearms or weapons, regardless of permits to carry
- high-wattage electrical appliances exceeding 50W (air conditioners, space heaters, heat lamps or music amplifiers)
- candles, incense, aromatherapy oil burners or any devices using halogen bulbs or exposed heating elements, like toasters, convection ovens, hot plates or tanning lamps
- personal microwaves, unless acquired through our selected vendor,
- Campus Specialists Inc.
- pets (other than certified service dog)
- Any materials or mechanisms for lofting or raising beds including but not limited to any block, lift, or other device that raises the bed platform and legs above the standard height.
- network equipment (wireless access points, routers and hubs)