Early Arrival Process
In an effort to organize requests submitted by students, faculty, and staff, the Procedures for Early Arrival Requests have been developed to ensure the University Community is aware of the requirements for students with a need to arrive on campus prior to Opening which is scheduled for August 20-22, 2013 for new students and August 24-25, 2013 for returning students.
Permission for early arrival will be at the discretion of the Office of University Housing and Residential Life.
Students who have a need to be on campus prior to Opening may include those:
- participating in athletic training,
- arriving early due to long distance flights,
- involved in University-sponsored leadership activities, or
- working for a University office.
Where to Submit Requests?
Students will need to read all of the following instructions prior to submitting an Early Arrival Request. To submit a request, students should log into the TUportal, click on the MyHousing Application, and on the MyHousing Forms Page, select the Housing on Demand link. Students can request Early Arrival Requests, Room Changes, Housing Extensions and much more through Housing on Demand.
When are the Request Forms Due?
Early Arrival Request Forms must be submitted prior to Thursday, August 1, 2013. Requests received after this deadline will not be approved. Early arrival dates for those with approved requests can be submitted for the following days:
- Sunday, August 18, 2013
- Monday, August 19, 2013
Costs Associated with Requests?
Students approved for Early Arrival are subject to the per diem rate for the current term in which a resident is requesting to arrive early based on the number of days a student arrives prior to the official check-in day. Rates will posted on students' accounts once the request is approved and entered into the Early Arrival System.
How Can Staff or Faculty Submit Requests?
Students as individuals may submit an Early Arrival Request Form, or faculty and/or staff members may submit the form on their students' behalf.
- Any resident student with a reason to arrive early will be required to complete the Early Arrival Request Form.
- Submit a list prepared in Microsoft Excel with 1) the name(s) and Temple University I.D. number(s) of the student(s) and 2) the early arrival date being requested.
- E-mail this list to Kristye Howard, at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline date of August 1, 2013.
- Staff members within the University community who normally work with International students and the final Orientation groups should submit their Early Arrival Requests by the deadline date of August 1, 2013.
Students who wish to be considered for early arrivals after the deadline date will be subject to a late fee of $50.00 in addition to the regular per diem rate that will be assessed to the student account or department account if the request is accepted and approved.
All groups must provide the details requested in order to be approved for arriving early to campus.
Thank-you in advance for you cooperation!