The end-of-year closing is fast approaching! All undergraduate residence halls will close at 7:00pm on Wednesday, May 15th, 2013.
Your Resident Assistant (RA) will conduct a final floor meeting to review expectations around closing and end-of-year move-out. Schedules of these meetings are posted in each hall.
Please keep in mind that the last meal for the semester is dinner on Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
Below are some of the highlighted expectations pertaining to move-out:
- Your room, suite, or apartment (including the common areas) MUST be cleaned
- You must return furniture to original arrangement and configuration and debunk your bed
- You must remove ALL personal belongings
- Please note that carts may be available on a limited basis so please plan accordingly
- For more information, please review the following cleaning video link: How To Clean Your Room
When you are ready to check out, you have a few options:
- You can meet with a Resident Assistant (RA) and complete the Room Condition Report (RCR) inspection process together. You must sign up 24-hours before you check-out, and you can sign-up to check-out between 8:00AM - 10:00PM with an RA.
- For your convenience, you can elect to do an Express Check-Out, which does not require you to meet with a staff member. However, in order to do an Express Check Out, you forfeit your ability to appeal any damage billing charges. To Express Check-Out, go to the front desk of your residence hall to receive an Express Check-Out envelope.
If you have late final exams on Wednesday, May 15th or if you have extenuating travel circumstances, we will permit you to stay overnight on May 15th, but you must make an official request to stay overnight on Wednesday evening. You can submit your request via Housing On-Demand. All requests to stay must be completed by Friday, May 3rd, 2013 by 5:00pm. For details about Occupancy Extensions, click here.
GIVE + GO GREEN
When you are cleaning your room and preparing to move out, please consider recycling and donating any unwanted food and clothing. We will provide collection boxes in the lobby of each residence hall as a part of our GIVE + GO GREEN end of year recycling program. Donated materials will be given to Community Recycling and Philabundance.
24-Hour Quiet Policy
Please keep in mind that 24-Hour Quiet Hour Policy begins Monday, May 6th at 10:00pm.