Updates & Alerts
From time to time, the Office of Off-Campus Living will post important notices for our students living off campus, ranging from important notices from the city of Philadelphia and University to information pertaining to our off-campus students.
Be sure to check this section regularly for important updates and alerts.
On & Off-Campus Living Fairs for Spring 2014
The On & Off-Campus Living Fair is a great opportunity for students to learn more about properties available for rent in the Temple University and surrounding Philadelphia area. Meet and talk with various landlords, realtors and property management companies. Come out and join us!
Our next fair date is April 18, 2014 from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. on Liacouras Walk outside of the Housing Office (1910 Liacouras Walk).
Be aware of scams!
- Always see a property in person. This will allow you to see if you like the are and if there are any problems with the property.
- Meet the landlord in person as well. A good landlord will want to meet you and show you the property.
- If they claim to be out of state or the country and are unwilling to work with you, it may not be a good idea to pursue that option.
- Make sure to have their contact information (full name, phone number, etc.)
- Never give out your financial information, such as a password or your bank account or social security numbers.
- Never open an email with an attachment unless you are certain that it is from someone you know and a document that you need.
- A good rule of thumb is if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!
TO REPORT SCAMS
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- FTC online complaint form (www.ftc.gov/)
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov/)
- Non-emergency number for your local police department.
Many other internet scams exist (such as the infamous Nigerian
Scam). A list has been created through a partnership between the Federal Bureau of
Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C). You may find this list by clicking the following link: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Please visit the IC3 page for a list of over a dozen internet