Cable, Internet, and Phone Services
There are various providers you can use for these services:
Comcast offers digital cable, internet, and phone service. Comcast also offers these services in bundles for those that are looking for more than one service.
To request service:
- Online: select package desired, follow instructions.
- By phone: call 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) 24 hours a day.
- In person:
- 11400 Northeast Ave, Philadelphia - 215-673-6600
- 1 Comcast Ctr, Philadelphia - 215-286-1700
- FL 11E, 1500 Market Street, Philadelphia - 215-665-0629
Offers FIOS internet, cable and phone services. Verizon also offers these services in bundles for those that are looking for more than one service, but not all areas are able to receive FIOS. Check with Verizon to see what is available to you!
To request service:
Call 1-800-640-4155, toll-free, in Philadelphia only. If you are outside of Philadelphia, call 215-571-7050.
Call Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. and Saturday, 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.
- You can request telephone service over the phone or via website. Verizon recommends that you request service via phone.
- Sometimes, you may also be asked to fax to 1-800-834-4484 copies of the following:
- Two pieces of ID (one of them a valid picture document: driver's license, passport or student ID)
- The lease (landlord's name and telephone number), if you are a foreign student.
Charges can be billed over a 6 or 12 month period. Telephone services will start within three business days. While Verizon Fios internet may not be readily available within all areas of the city, some townships surrounding Philadelphia may be able to receive this service. Service availability can be checked by address on the Verizon website.
There are a variety of other companies that provide services. Although Verizon and Comcast are the most common, they are not your only options! Satellite dishes, and other smaller phone/internet providers do exist and can be a more economical choice. Do your research!