Recruitment and Hiring Information
Temple University's Housing and Residential Life (UH&RL) Department employs an incredible professional staff in our 3 pillars of expertise: Residential Life, Housing Operations, and Maintenance Operations. We also provide an array of student employment opportunities.
If the idea of working in one of America's up-and-coming cities surrounded by the most diverse student population in the country strikes you as challenging and exciting, Temple University UH&RL may be the place for you. Learn more about our current job opportunities:
Student Staff Openings
We are excited about your interest in our student staff positions. Each year we hire students as Resident Assistants, Living Learning Communities Peer Mentors, Judicial Board members and Residence Hall Association Executive Board members. Please continue to check our website for updates regarding time-lines and how to submit your application.
RHA Executive Board Application (Application Open: February 24th , March 24th Deadline)
We are currently accepting applications for executive board members for RHA. The position requirements are listed below. Candidates can apply through http://temple.erezlife.com . Applications will close March 24, 2014. Any questions regarding this process, please contact Steve Dexter, RHA Advisor and Assistant Director of Residential Life.
The Residence Hall Association is an overarching governmental organization that oversees residential community councils. The executive positions for this group were established to have student input, guidance, and leadership within the department. This position will allow students to gain a multitude of leadership experience that will assist them with learning the functioning roles of University Housing & Residential Life. The core principles of Temple's RHA consist of: advocacy, leadership development, and community service.
1. GPA Requirement of 2.75 Cumulative and 2.5 Semester
2. Executive board members must be available on Monday evenings for weekly e-board meetings; and one or two times per month for general assembly meetings.
3. Term of position: April 15, 2014 - May 1, 2015
Benefits that students will receive through this position include:
1. Discounted Housing Options in University Housing
2. Diamond Dollars submitted to their student account each semester
3. Leadership development opportunities
4. Event planning opportunities
5. Opportunities to gain professional experience by attending campus workshops and regional and national conferences
NRHH Membership Application (Application Open: March 11th, March 28th Deadline)
We are currently accepting application for membership into the newly created National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) Russell Conwell Chapter at Temple University. This honorary organization recognizes outstanding student leaders living in the residence halls and only accepts the top 1% of student leaders. Membership requirements are listed below. Interested individuals can apply through http://temple.erezlife.com . Any questions regarding NRHH and the process, please contact Licinia B. Kaliher, firstname.lastname@example.org or at 215-204-3825.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student
- Must have resided in the residence halls for at least two (2) semesters, including the semester of induction.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 and shall be in good standing with Temple University.
- Demonstrated outstanding service and leadership in the residence halls at Temple University.
Summer Conference Staff Positions CLOSED
We are currently accepting applications for summer conference staff. The position descriptions are listed below. Candidates can apply through http://temple.erezlife.com . Applications will close Feb. 28, 2014. Any questions regarding this process, please contact Jessica Johnson, Conference and Off-Campus Living Coordinator.
- Summer Staff Hiring Process outline
- Building Manager Job Description
- Conference Assistant Job Description
Undergraduate Resident Assistant Applications are closed for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Graduate RA position Applications are open for the 2014-2015 academic year. Candidates can apply through http://temple.erezlife.com
Learn about the RA Position through media and newsclips:
- Google Hangout: http://goo.gl/Rzv1xK
- Click here to download the RA Selection Brochure.
- Click here to download the RA Job Description .
- Confidence, compassion define Temple RAs.
- Go to our Facebook page to learn more about Residential Life
- Want to learn more about the RA Position? Learn more from our own staff in this video : Life as a RA!
Graduate Staff Openings
We have 8 open Graduate Resident Coordinator and 1 GRA positions for the 2014-2015 semester. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates must apply at temple.erezlife.com . Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Click on each position to review the different graduate position's job description within our department.
Professional Staff Openings
We are at an exciting time in our department as we grow our on-campus population.
Office of Assignments and Billing
We currently have no openings in this department
Front Desk Manager (Clerk V) Positions Available
We have no openings currently for FDMs. Click here for the job description.
Resident Director Position Information
We currently have three RD positions open immediately. Click here for the job description. The search for the position will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Candidates interested in applying must do so through the Temple HR website. Click on Jobs @ temple, and look up TU-17372. Refer questions to Shana Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-204-4488.