Suicide prevention is everyone’s business. Be a lifesaver.
If you or a friend is in immediate danger on or around Temple Main Campus, please call Campus Safety at 215-204-1234. If you are located off campus, please call 911.
If you or a friend would like to talk to someone confidentially about their concerns, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, day or night, at 1-800-273-8255.
If you or a friend would like to speak to a counselor at the Tuttleman Counseling Center at Temple University please call (215) 204-7276.
Click the links below to learn more:
SAMHSA Campus Suicide Prevention Grant
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities.
The SAMHSA Campus Suicide Prevention Grant is intended to facilitate a comprehensive approach to preventing suicide in institutions of higher education. This program is designed to assist colleges and universities build a foundation for their efforts to prevent suicide attempts and completions and to enhance services for students with mental and substance use disorders that put them at risk for suicide and suicide attempts.
Here at Temple University, the Wellness Resource Center has implemented a series of programs to further suicide prevention and stigma reduction on our campus. Some of these current and future programs include:
- The Student Safety Nest, a comprehensive faculty and staff resource guide for assisting students in need
- A comprehensive guide for mental health resources in the Philadelphia area tailored to the needs of Temple University students
- Comprehensive training to faculty, staff, and student groups including Safe Zone Training, Brief Motivational Interviewing, Kognito and Say Something @Temple
- Comprehensive mental health and suicide prevention programming presented to students across the university
- A series of Suicide Prevention Posters geared towards Veteran students, LGBTQ students, Commuter students, International student and the student body as a whole
Please contact the Wellness Resource Center at 215-204-8436 if you are interested in our current programs or if you have any suggestions for future programming that you would like to see implemented at Temple University!