Help a Friend
What to do if someone you know has been sexually assaulted:
- Offer additional support. Support and assistance is available to all Temple students at Tuttleman Counseling. Also, Campus Safety Services, Wellness Resource Center, and Student Health Services can provide assistance.
- Listen and be available. Let them open up at their own pace
- Believe without judgement.
- Recognize that dealing with sexual assault is a process, and will take some time.
- Respect the decisions that your friend makes. Your friend may not have told anyone else or “taken action” after their experience but this is their choice.
- Be gentle, sensitive, and respectful of your friend’s wishes for closeness or affection.
- Understand the impact of the trauma on friends/family/individual.