Tips to Decrease Drinking Risk
- Your body can only process one drink an hour.
- Alternate alcoholic beverages with non-alcoholic beverages. Drink water before, during, and after you drink.
- Set limits on how many drinks you will have BEFORE you go out.
- The red plastic cup does not equal one drink.
Don't Run On Empty - Eat right before you go out and while you are drinking to slow down your intoxication.
Watch Your Drink
- Pour your own drinks and do not drink from open common sources, such as punch bowls and jungle juice.
Life is Not a Game
- Avoid drinking games and activities that cause you to lose control of your limit.
- Donít travel alone, and stick with the friends you came with.
- Call 215-204-1234 (or 1-1234 from a campus phone) for help if you or a friend has had too much to drink. Temple University has a medical amnesty policy, which states that no student will be subject to university discipline for seeking medical treatment for the use of drugs or alcohol for themselves or a friend