Orientation and Placement Testing
Who uses accommodations for tests?
You may be eligible for accommodations for taking tests if:
- you received any accommodations in high school related to a documented condition or
- you received resource room support or itinerant services in your previous educational setting or
- you had an IEP or 504 plan in high school or
- you are taking medication or have a condition that my interfere with your ability to take exams under standard conditions
If you believe you need an accommodation during placement testing, follow these four easy steps:
- Step 1
Call Disability Resources and Services at 215-204-1280 or e-mail us at email@example.com as soon as possible so we can discuss your request.
- Step 2
Log in to MyDRS to complete a Student Information Form and upload a copy of your documentation. You can also fax, mail or hand-deliver your documentation. Make sure to indicate in your correspondence that you are looking for accommodations for a placement exam. Please note that documentation review could take three weeks.
- Fax: 215-204-6794
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
Disability Resources and Services
100 Ritter Annex (004-03)
1301 Cecil B. Moore Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- We will confirm receipt of your documentation within three business days. Documentation review could take three weeks
- Step 3
Review your letter of accommodation. We will issue this letter to you via your Temple e-mail account and Institutional Research and Assessment (IRA). IRA manages the placement testing at Temple University.
Take your placement test using the link e-mailed to you by the Office of Orientation. Typically, you will be able to begin your on-line Placement Test two business days after the accommodation letter has been issued to you and MARC.
During orientation, we can provide a wide range of reasonable accommodations, some of which may include:
- Accessible residence
- Sign language interpreters/CART
- Assistive listening devices
- Material in alternate format (large prints, Braille, audio, etc.)
- Placement test accommodations (extra time, use of assistive technology, use of calculator, etc.)
If you require any of these accommodations, please contact DRS as soon as possible, but at least within three weeks of your orientation, so that we can make the proper arrangements.
DRS Contact Information: