Project REMOTE researched and developed the systems required to enable remote sign language interpreting and CART provision for deaf and hard of hearing students at Temple University. This contributed to the quality of and access to sign language interpreting for deaf and hard of hearing students at Temple.
- Research current teaching technologies to provide ASL interpretation remotely to deaf and hard of hearing students at Temple.
- Engage with university partners (DRS, Provost Office, Distance Learning Program, faculty and students) on developing necessary connections, both technical and personal, to make remote interpreting a reality for deaf and hard of hearing students at Temple.
- Mobilize project resources to maximum benefit.
- Offer in-depth student input to the design of the system to ensure equity of access.
- Test System to ensure stability and ease of use for faculty, interpreter and student.
- Educate faculty, interpreter and students in use of system.
Return to Project page