- Battle it out with your body as you challenge your cardiovascular endurance in this 60 minute session.
- HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training is a session that is sure to leave you sweating. This is an hour long challenge designed to push you to your limits with various types of interval bouts. Be sure to bring a towel and water bottle!
- An intense cardiovascular workout utilizing the latest in kickboxing techniques.
- The Zumba program fuses Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program that will blow you away. An exciting hour of a dance based workout of calorie-burning, body-energizing, awe-inspiring movements meant to engage and captivate for life!
- A 60 minute, action packed, choreographed kickboxing session that uses combinations of kicks and punches with mixes of intervals.
- This 50 minute session includes 40 minutes of rigorous cardiovascular training using a Spinning bike, 5 minutes of setup and a 5 minute stretch. The leader guides participants in a unique challenging indoor cycling ride. Space is limited to 30 individuals, so arrive early and don't forget your water bottle and towel!
Body Weight Blast
- No equipment necessary in this session! You will use your own body weight to challenge yourself in this high intensity cardio/strength interval mix.
Full Body Toning
- This hour long session uses a combination of weights, barbells, and your bodyweight to help build both your muscular strength and endurance and get toned from head to toe!
The Bottom Line
- Simply put-30 minutes of lower body strength training designed to get you strong and toned from the waist down.
- This combo session contains 30 minutes of rhythmic hi/lo impact aerobics and 30 minutes of full body toning.
- An action packed hour session that is broken down into 30 minutes of spinning followed by 30 minutes of pilates that is sure to give your cardio-vascular system and core a challenge! Space is limited to 30 individuals, so arrive early and don't forget a water bottle and towel!
Spin + Core
- This hour is filled with a challenging 35 minute spin session followed by a rocking 25 minutes of core work that will leave you with a good sweat and a tight tummy. Space is limited to 30 individuals, so arrive early and don't forget a water bottle and towel.
Zumba + Core
- This session incorporates the best of both worlds-Zumba and core work! Zumba dances will be paired with ab and back moves for the duration of the hour and leave you feeling awesome!
Zumba + Sculpt
- A session filled with muscle strengthening and toning exercises paired with fun Zumba dances to give you a fun and effective workout! If you are new to either Zumba or Sculpting-this session is a great place to start learning both.
- A 60 minute intense shallow water session with voluntary deep water non-impact and intense movements to increase your heart rate while being supported in a water environment. Great for all ability levels - Lifeguard on duty.
- A dynamic combination of interval training, strength toning, core sculpting and full body stretching all wrapped up in one!
- This 60 minute non-impact shallow water workout (with voluntary deep water exercises) features callisthenic drills and boxing moves designed to improve cardiovascular function and muscle conditioning. Great for all ability levels - Lifeguard on duty.
- Bring a friend, or make a new one when you arrive, and get ready to have fun as you do a full 50 minutes of cardio/strength partner exercises.
- Based on the popular at-home fitness videos, this session has a certified P90X® Instructor lead you through a workout based on the principles of the P90X® workout system. Workouts will vary from week to week including strength and cardio formats.
Core & More
- A short session designed to target your midsection muscles from front to back!
Spinning + Yoga
- This session mixes the cardiovascular benefits of Spinning, and the flexibility benefits of Yoga, and leaves your muscles feeling strong and long! Space is limited to 30 individuals, so arrive early and don't forget a water bottle.
MIND / BODY
- A 60 minute core conditioning session designed to enhance muscle tone, posture, flexibility and balance.
- Relax, stretch and tone muscles in this fitness session designed to enhance your mental, physical and spiritual fitness. This ancient form of exercise reduces stress, increases flexibility, and improves circulation.
- A step up in difficulty from our generic yoga session. This Ashtanga Vinyasa based practice of yoga links breath with movement and is done at a faster pace than traditional Hatha yoga sessions.
INFO TO KNOW
Aerobic, Toning and Mind/ Body sessions are held in Room 205 (2nd floor) and Spinning sessions are held in Room 204 (2nd floor) at the Independence Blue Cross Student Recreation Center (1701 N. 15th St.). Water Aerobic sessions are held in Pearson McGonigle Halls Pool 31 (1800 N. Broad Street, Lower Level)
Group Fitness sessions are open to all students and employees of Temple University who have paid the Campus Recreation Fee.
For more information regarding Group Fitness please contact the Fitness Coordinator, Anthony Alongi at 215-204-9697 or