Access and Aquatics Policies and Procedures:
- Temple ID must be presented to the lifeguard. No one is allowed in the pool area without the presence of a Temple University Lifeguard.
- No food/beverages/gum/glass objects allowed in the pool area.
- Please discard any gum, candy or similar objects before entering the pool area.
- Running is prohibited.
- Horse play is prohibited.
- Swimsuits are required. Cut off, mesh, and undergarment shorts are prohibited. Swimmers there for either a class or a special event must abide by the rules.
- No one with band-aids or open cuts are permitted in the pool.
- Lap swimmers are to follow posted lap instructions.
- Guards may require testing to determine swim capability and limit access based on results. Anyone not satisfactorily passing the test MUST be kept in the shallow end
- Please have respect for others and do not interfere with their activity in the pool especially if they have entered the pool before you — Failure to do so may result in removal from the facility.
- CHILDREN MUST swim with a parent unless he or she can demonstrate the ability to safely swim the width of the pool. The lifeguard on duty has the authority to require a competency test if necessary. Children may not be left to sit on the pool deck. Diapers, Pull-ups, and other urinary training undergarments are not permitted. DIRECT PARENTAL SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES. NO CHILD WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA UNLESS HE OR SHE IS WITH AN ADULT.
- Use of this facility is AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Equipment available for recreational use includes hand paddles, pull buoys, kickboards, zoomers, and aqua belts.
Water Aerobic & Aqua Box
These group fitness sessions are intense, fifty-minute (goes in deep end also) water session utilizing the most current non-impact movements to increase your heart rate, tone your muscles, and challenge your body. Water aerobics sessions are listed on the group fitness schedule, and are located in pool 31. No experience is necessary. Lifeguard on duty.
Aquatics Based Certifications
Campus Recreation offers several aquatics-based certifications to the members of Temple University, including lifeguarding, CPR/AED and first aid for the professional rescuer, and Learn to Swim. Lifeguard Training and Learn to Swim certifications are provided to age appropriate children of Temple students, staff, faculty and administration ONLY. For more information on certifications, check out our Membership & Services page.