TUGSEP (Temple University Graduate Students of Español & Português)
TUGSEP was created to fill needs specific to the graduate students of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at Temple University.
Our objectives are to:
- Promote academic advancement and excellence in graduate studies in Spanish and Portuguese
- Offer graduate students the opportunity to present their investigations in a formal setting
- Promote the Department of Spanish and Portuguese and Graduate Studies at Temple in the academic community
- Demonstrate the academic richness of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese at Temple
- Promote the dialogue between students in the field (Spanish and Portuguese Literature and Linguistics)
- Create programs which speak to the needs of the graduate students in Spanish and Portuguese in the four fields (such as: talks by prominent speakers in out fields of study; social and networking events; etc.)
- Create an academic journal published within the department
- Create and extend community relations in the Philadelphia metro area
This organization proposes to support the Graduate students by offering the following services:
- Annual conference
- Publication of the conference proceedings
- Speakers to present their scholarly investigations
- Travel support for conferences in which the active full members present papers, when available
Dissertation Writing Group
As Graduate students of Spanish, we have special language needs which cannot be met by all Diss Writing Groups. So we are forming a group which will meet regularly (once a month or biweekly) to support each other as we work on our dissertations.
If you have just completed or are planning to take your comprehensive exams soon, this is a group that will be of interest to you. You do NOT have to be already writing your dissertation, this group offers support by:
- Sharing texts: You listen to what I've written and make suggestions, comments, etc. and vice versa. This includes content as well as grammatical corrections, clarity of ideas and the flow of your writing.
- Emotional support: The process is extremely difficult, not to mention exhausting, and who understands your pain better than someone who is going through the same thing?
- Taskmasters!!: We keep you on track; besides your dissertation director, you will have someone else to answer to!
If you are interested please email: email@example.com.