Temple University Faculty Senate
The following guidelines are recommendations for Faculty Senate Committees to assist in their operations and to facilitate communication with the Faculty Senate Steering Committee.
At the final meeting of the academic year a chair should be appointed for the forthcoming academic year. The chairperson should convene the Committee in September.
A member of the Committee should be appointed to take minutes. These minutes may be passed on from year to year or given to the Faculty Senate Office for record keeping.
The charge of the Committee should be reviewed each year (at the last meeting) to ensure that it is up to date and reflects the current work of the committee.
A report on the Committee's activities should be provided to the Faculty Senate Steering Committee by December 1st and May 1st of each year.
It is the policy of the Faculty Senate Steering Committee generally to limit service on the Faculty Senate and its committees to two full consecutive terms. (02.11.2015)
Questions concerning the Committee's activities should be directed to the President, Vice-President, or Coordinator of the Faculty Senate.
- Bargaining Units Liaison Committee
- Budget Review Committee
- Committee on Administrative and Trustee Appointments
- Committee for International Programs
- Committee on the Status of Faculty of Color
- Committee on the Status of Women
- Educational Programs and Policies (EPPC)
- General Education Executive Committee (GEEC)
- Faculty Herald Advisory Board
- Lectures and Forums Committee
- Library Committee
- Oversight Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Research Programs and Policies Committee (RPPC)
- Standing Committee on the Continuous Revision of the Faculty Handbook
- Student Feedback Forms Committee
- University Honors Program Oversight Committee
- Student Award Selection Committee
- University Invention and Patent Committee
- University Press Board of Review
- University Research and Creative Awards Committee
- University Sabbatical Committee
- University Tenure and Promotion Advisory Committee
See a list of ad-hoc committees.