Conwell Hall

Conwell Hall

Name Change

Depending upon your status as a current Temple University employee or as a student listed below, you may submit a request for a Name Change along with appropriate documentation such as:

  • Applicable court document
  • Driver's license
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate/license
  • U.S. Government ID card

Please Note: You must provide a Social Security card issued in your new name, or proof from the Social Security Office that you have applied for a card with your new name.

Social Security Online has information and instructions regarding how to update your Social Security Card information and how to find your local Social Security Office.

Temple Employees (including any student employee) may request an official name change by completing an Employee Request to Change a Name of Record form and delivering it in person, or faxing it, along with required documentation, to any of the three Human Resources Department locations:

Main Campus Health Sciences
1938 Liacouras Walk
2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19122

Health Sciences
3340 N. Broad St.
Suite 300
Philadelphia, PA 19140

2450 W. Hunting Park Avenue
1st Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19129

Students (who are not Temple University Employees) may request an official name change by completing a Student Request for Change of Name on Record and delivering or faxing it, along with the required documentation, to:

Office of the University Registrar
1801 N. Broad Street
Conwell Hall, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax: 215-204-6626

Please Note: After graduation or “stop-out,” no name changes will be made to a student’s academic record unless the student re-enrolls at the university.