Welcome to the Russell Conwell Learning Center (RCLC). The RCLC is a comprehensive academic and learning center that enables students to maximize their university experience, achieve academic success, enhance or develop strong leadership skills and prepare for their future careers. The RCLC is committed to help support students enter and excel in college, attain their undergraduate degree, and enroll in graduate school (if that is your goal).
The Russell Conwell Learning Center will provide students with comprehensive support to facilitate academic excellence, as they also progress toward the fulfilment of their academic, career, and life goals. In honoring the learning process the Center will foster a community of scholars, which recognizes the intrinsic value, diversity, and integrity of each individual.
Academic Coaches Present at the CORE College Prep Conference:
On Wednesday, 7/17, a team of RCLC Academic Coaches presented a stimulating college awareness presentation to over 300 rising freshmen. The theme of the presentation was "The Importance of Building a Professional Profile From Your Freshmen Year." View the Presentation.
2013 W.W. Smith Charitable Trust Scholarship Reception :
The W.W. Smith Charitable Trust Scholarship Program provides scholarship support for students who demonstrate leadership at the University and their communities, as well as a high degree of academic achievement and potential. The Program is open to all matriculating, full-time undergraduate students at Temple University. We proudly recognize this accomplished group of Temple Scholars.
2014 PECO Scholars Reception :
The PECO Scholars Program provides scholarship support for students who demonstrate a high degree of academic achievement and potential, but whose total financial need is left unmet by federal, state, and private grants, sholarship aid and loans. The Program is open to all matriculating, full-time undergraduate students in their junior or senior year.
Student Facilities and Resources
- Tech Center Tour with Ron Ardron
- Computer Services with Ed Kwait
- Disability Resources and Services with Aaron Spector
- Academic Coach Presentation: Temple University Resources with Faiza, Alpha and Kiwanda
- Campus Recreational Facilities Access with Ed
- Career Center: Website with Danube Johnson
- Career Center: Events with Danube Johnson
- Pre-health Advising with Dominic Florin
- Student Center Tour with Alexis Haley and Maria Muto
- Athletics at Temple with Rovina
- Temple Entertainment with the RCC Academic Coaches
- Joining Academic Orgs with Sonji
- Renting Laptops
- Student Health Services
- Understanding your Learning Style with Tea'yana Woods
- Learning Styles Series with Maria and Alexis: Verbal-Linguistic
- Learning Styles Series with Maria and Alexis: Bodily-Kinesthetic
- Study Groups Series with Eva & Anthony Part 2: How to Create & Participate in Study Groups
- Study Groups Series Part 1: Pro’s and Con’s
- Study Skills with Shaquana
- Procrastination Part 1: Sign
- Procrastination Part 2: How to Avoid
- Procrastination Part 3: Prioritizing, Getting back on track
Utilizing Online Temple University Resources
- How to Apply for Student Jobs with Brianna
- Blackboard Series Part 1: Logging in with Sean Varga
- Blackboard Series Part 2: Viewing your Grades with Sean Varga
- Blackboard Series Part 3: Useful Features with Sean Varga
- Accessing your DARS with Melissa Chipollini
- TU Portal Series with Melissa Part 1: Logging In
- TU Portal Series with Melissa Part 2: Using Self Service Banner
- TU Portal Series with Melissa Part 3: Useful Features
- TU Mail Series with Shyneika Part 1: AccessNet
- TU Mail Series with Shyneika Part 2: Email Signature
- TU Mail Series with Shyneika Part 3: Organizing Your Inbox
- Cherry and White Directory with Judy Chau
- Self Service Banner/Financial Aid Screens with Sean
- Changing Your E-mail Alias with Amber
- Creating an E-mail Signature
Useful Online Tools
Tips for Academic Success
- Using Your Resources: Temple University's Writing Center
- Utilizing the Library Online Databases with Kyron Pierce
- Using your Resources: Teaching Assistants
- Proper Email Etiquette with Rovina Simon
- Professionalism and Social Media with Jasmin Hinnant
- Understanding Your Syllabus with Relvi Mehmeti
- Responsibility with Paul
- Plagiarism with Alexis Haley and Melissa Chipollini
- Academic Coach Series with Anthony Part 2: How to Prepare for an Academic Coach Session
- Academic Coach Series with Anthony Part 1: What is an Academic Coach?
- Tutoring Services with Heba Elabed
- Public Speaking Part 1 of 2 with Kimberly Sahms
- Public Speaking Part 2 of 2 with Kimberly Sahms
How to Survive Freshman Year
- Laundry with Kyron Pierce and Alexis Haley
- High School vs College with the RCC Academic Coaches
- “Where do you…” Series with the Academic Coaches
- Commuting 101 with Melissa Chipollini
- College Struggles with Sonji
- Class Participation
- College Test
- Safe Sex for Females
- Safe Sex for Males
- Test Anxiety with Kate Johnston
Temple University Basics
- The Owl Card/TUID Card With Eva
- The Financial Aid Process with Amba: Part 1
- The Financial Aid Process with Amba: Part 2
- The Financial Aid Process with Amba: Part 3
- The College Grading System with Mary Kate: Part 1
- The College Grading System with Mary Kate: Part 2
- The College Grading System with Mary Kate: Part 3
- Cheaper Textbook Series Part 1: Buying Books on Campus with Kimberly Sahms
- Cheaper Textbook Series Part 2: Buying Books Online
- Professional Skills with Sonji
If you are an undergraduate student in the Fall 2015, you are eligible for a
Supplemental Academic Scholarship of $2,000. Click on the application link to
fill out an application. The SAS Deadline is approaching quickly (5/1/15).
If you are an undergraduate student in the Fall 2015, you are eligible for a Supplemental Academic Scholarship of $2,000.
Click on the application link to fill out an application.
Access the online SAS Application
Download printable SAS Application
SAS Information Flyer
The Program will provide the support and connect you with the resources, staff and faculty to ensure your academic and co-curricular success. As you review the program requirements and activities, feel free to call if you have additional questions.
Your Summer Bridge experience will strengthen your academic skills, familiarize you with the campus, introduce you to vital campus resources, and quicken your social adjustment enabling you to make new friends and study partners.
RCLC News and Opportunities
Academic Coaches are ready to serve:
Academic Coaches are available to provide Temple students with academic support, awareness of university resources and insights, and help you maximize your Temple experience. You are encouraged to read more about the program or request a meeting with an Academic Coach.
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
Seeking addition help in Chemistry, Anatomy, Physics or Math), attend our SI sessions. SI is structured, weekly group tutoring lead by an SI Preceptor who received an A in the course. In addition to contect tutoring, it offers study skills specific to the course and problem solving and test taking strategy workshops. The courses and schedule in which SI is offered can be viewed below.
RCLC Newsletter :
Enjoy the informative RCLC newsletters and read about RCLC/Temple student news, new RCLC developments, and interesting events happening in the RCLC.
National Retention Excellence
The RCLC Summer Bridge Program received a National Retention Excellence Award