Graduate Psychology Application Procedure
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1ST. WE ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE APPLICATIONS. TO APPLY ONLINE, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
a. Follow the directions to apply online.
b. After filling in your personal information you will be asked to select a program. Select "Psychology/PhD" and then select your specific area of concentration (Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Clinical, Developmental, Social).
c. Complete the application, submit, and pay electronically. Print out a copy of the application for your files.
2. Return to this page to prepare additional application materials
a. Download and complete the four page Graduate Data Sheet that is required to accompany the Temple University Application for Graduate Study.
b. Please prepare a resumé (in academic circles, the resumé is called a CV).
c. Have available the Statement of Goals from your on-line application.
3. Submitting additional materials for your Application:
We use Interfolio to collect and submit the additional application materials. Please follow these instructions:
- Interfolio. Create an Interfolio account to use to submit your materials (there is a fee for opening an Interfolio account, but it is worth it for the convenience that it will bring to you and those who write letters for you). (http://www.interfolio.com/).
- Letters of Recommendation. Request confidential letters of recommendation from your evaluators through your Interfolio account. Your letter-writers will be able to upload their letters directly to your account. You will be able to send them to us without your being able to see letters that are to be confidential. Please note that obtaining letters of recommendation through your Interfolio account replaces the stipulation on the graduate school application instructions that paper reference reports for Psychology applicants should be returned sealed to the applicant, who will then forward them with all other application materials in one complete package to the department. If you use Interfolio to obtain your letters of recommendation, you DO NOT need to have paper copies of the letters mailed to you or send them via postal mail to the department. You can ignore instructions, including those on the Temple University Graduate School site, that say otherwise.
Official Transcripts Sent to Temple University Psychology Department. Request that transcripts from all your undergraduate institutions (including those from which you did not receive a degree) be sent to Temple University Department of Psychology.
If you have completed graduate credits, transcripts from those institutions should also be sent to us. All official transcripts should be sent to the following address:
Dept. of Psychology
657 Weiss Hall (265-67)
1701 North 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122-6085
- Transcripts to Your Interfolio Account. You will also need to upload your transcripts to your Interfolio account. These can be unofficial or student copies of transcripts. Graduate transcripts (if applicable) are also uploaded here. We need these unofficial transcripts so that we will have electronic versions of all your important documents in your Interfolio file, in addition to the official versions sent to the Psychology Department.
Upload all the additional application materials to your account.
Required: The Graduate Data Sheet, your Statement of Goals (which Interfolio calls a Personal Statement), your CV, and your transcript(s).
Optional: Publications if available.
- Submitting Documents. If at all possible, when your application is complete, submit all those required documents as one electronic delivery to Temple University Department of Psychology.
4. Test Scores
Please have your GRE scores (and TOEFL scores if required) sent to Temple University electronically by ETS; the Temple University code is 2906.