Participation in the ProRanger Program is a serious commitment. It requires significant investment of time and effort during your academic studies that will pay off in a rich and rewarding career as a U.S. Park Ranger.
Please review the program time-lines. Attendance at all activities is mandatoy. If you have a conflict with any of the scheduled dates, please notify Adrian Fernandez or Vicki McGarvey during the application process to determine if accommodations are possible.
Recruitment Timeline for Fall 2018
Monday, October 1 - Preview Day, part 1. You will have an in-depth opportunity to meet with current U.S. Park Rangers and learn more about their jobs. We will also hold the Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB).
Tuesday, October 16 - Preview Day, part 2. You will have an opportunity to hear from a panel of rangers and participate in selection activities. We will also hold a PEB for those who were not able to participate on October 1.
- Monday, October 1 - Preview Day (pt. 1)
- Friday, October 12 - Preliminary application deadline (EXTENDED)
- Tuesday, October 16 - Preview Day (pt. 2)
- Wednesday, October 17 (and Thursday, October 18th) - Individual Interviews
- Friday, October 19 - Supplemental application deadline (EXTENDED)
- Wednesday, October 31 - Selection decision will be announced
- Wednesday, November 7 - Orientation
Commitments 2018 - 2019
- Saturday October 20 - Homecoming
- Saturday November 10 - Activity TBD / Get to Know Activity
- Saturday December 1 - Activity TBD
- Tuesday December 11 - Holiday Party
- Saturday January 26 - Activity TBD
- Monday January 7 - Friday 11 - Optional First Responders Class
- Saturday February 9 - Activity TBD
- Saturday February 23 - Activity TBD
- Sunday March 3 - Saturday March 9 - Leadership Camp
- Saturday March 30 - Activity TBD
- Saturday April 13 - Activity TBD
- Wednesday May 8 - Graduation Dinner with family
- Sunday May 12 - (Travel Day)
- Monday May 13 - Friday August 2 12 week internship
- Saturday August 3 - (Travel day)
- SLETP Monday August 12 - Friday December 20 (19 Weeks)