The Temple University Sister City Scholarship Program provides academic merit scholarships to well-qualified students enrolling at Temple from the Philadelphia Sister Cities:
|Florence, Italy||Douala, Cameroon|
|Tel Aviv, Israel||Nizhny Novgorod, Russia|
|Torun, Poland||Kobe, Japan|
|Tianjin, China||Abruzzo, Italy (the region)|
|Incheon, Korea||Aix-en-Provence, France|
One $5000 - $10,000 scholarship awarded per city each year, depending upon the student’s academic qualifications, renewable for up to four years if an entering freshman or three years if an entering transfer student, as long as the student maintains full-time status (24 or more credits per year) in good academic standing (generally 2.00 or better cumulative GPA). Criteria and Requirements for Selection:
- Previous secondary/college GPA of U.S. equivalent of B (3.00) average.
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 213 (computer) or 79 (internet)
- Ability to pay for balance of university expenses (per I-20 application)
- Meet all Temple admissions deadlines and other requirements
Apply online by March 1, 2009 for Fall 2009 admission.
Contact Janusz Baran, assistant director of International Student Admissions.
Law School Scholarship
One $8000.00 scholarship awarded to one student per city per year toward the tuition for the LL.M. for Foreign Attorneys at Temple University Beasley School of Law. The awardees must have a history of academic excellence, a strong commitment to studying law in the United States and bridging the international legal community in Philadelphia and their home city. Applications for this scholarship should be submitted in the form of a letter along with a completed application for the Foreign LL.M. degree.
- Have a first degree in Law
- Have a high proficiency of English (written, spoken, comprehension)
- Be a resident of one of Philadelphia’s Sister Cities.
For further information about Temple Law School’s Sister City Scholarship or the LL.M. For Foreign Trained Attorneys, please email the Office of International Programs or call 215-204-1448.