Faculty-Led Summer Programs Abroad: Policies & Procedures
For faculty wishing to develop a particular summer program abroad, the following policies and procedures apply. Please note that applications are available from International Programs and must be submitted for both new and continuing summer programs. For summer 2009, the application deadline for new and continuing programs is October 15, 2009.
- Faculty members who are thinking about conducting a summer program abroad should email Denise Connerty in International Programs to discuss the program, or call 1-0727.
- The completed application, including a budget, should be submitted to the appropriate department chair and subsequently to the dean for approval. Upon approval, deans should forward copies of the application and budget to International Programs no later than October 15, 2009. Applications received after this deadline cannot be considered.
- Please note that Temple does not operate programs in a country under a U.S. State Department travel warning
- Faculty-led summer study abroad programs are typically four-six weeks in length, offering four to six credits.
- As faculty prepare budgets for summer programs abroad, they should be aware that the budget must detail projected costs and income, and must show a positive margin of no less than 13% of tuition revenue. This margin is mandated by the University, not by International Programs. Programs which have insufficient enrollments and are unable to meet this requirement by the deadline will be cancelled.