Inviting international visitors and delegations to Temple can:
- Strengthen existing programs.
- Create new collaborations and partnerships.
- Promote Temple University throughout the world.
For guidance and for help in hosting delegations at activities that you plan, please contact the Office of International Affairs
Review our preparation checklist
- Gather information on:
- Ask about visitors’ goals and expectations in advance of their visit.
- Research the visiting country, including business etiquette specific to that country.
- Connect visitors with local travel services that can help them plan their own trip.
- Determine if visitors need translators. They may have their own translators. If not, consider a professional translation service.
- Consider arranging a lunch, dinner or other informal event to introduce visitors to faculty and staff who speak their language. Visitors are often interested in meeting Temple students from their country. Contact Senior Director for International Services, Martyn Miller, for help in identifying students from a particular country.
- Pay attention to dietary customs and restrictions.
- Provide a written schedule of meetings in advance. Include:
- Bios of staff they will be meeting.
- A complete itinerary that details tours and other scheduled events.
Check out Philadelphia resources
International Visitors Council of Philadelphia including information for downtown Philadelphia
Philadelphia Convention Center & Visitors Bureau
About Philadelphia (translated content for International Visitors can be found here)