INTENSIVE ENGLISH FOR MEDICAL PURPOSES
This program is designed for international medical students with high-intermediate to advanced skills in English who wish to learn about the American medical system at the same time that they improve their English skills.
In this 3-week summer program, students will be introduced to American medical practices and innovation at Temple University Hospital and School of Medicine, speak with American medical students and meet American medical professionals.
In the intensive English classes, students will research topics of interest to medical professionals around the world, develop a portfolio of scientific and medical vocabulary, practice their presentation skills in English, and participate in rigorous conversations about medical and scientific issues.
DATES OF PROGRAM: July 28-August 15, 2014
DATES OF ESCORTED TOUR: August 16-22, 2014
COST: $6,000 per student
Includes all room and board expenses, as well as linens
• 3 weeks of Intensive English language training focused on medical issues
• Preparation for conference presentations in English
• Meet and converse weekly with Temple University medical students
• Learn how to apply for clinical rotations in the United States
• One-week professional escorted bus tour of cities in the northeastern United States
• Tours of sites of interest in Philadelphia such as the Mutter Museum and Chemical Heritage Foundation
• Dinner in Philadelphia’s ethnic neighborhoods
Intensive English Language Program
1700 N. Broad Street, Suite 211
Philadelphia, PA 19121 USA