at Temple University and around Philadelphia
Will this be your first time as a student at an American university?
- Live with an American family
- Have a private room in the host’s home
- Share one or more meals each day
- Participate in typical daily/weekend activities together
- Learn about American culture
Prefer independent living?
Ask our International Resident Coordinator for advice and information about finding an apartment near campus.
- Enjoy Orientation Week activities and get to know other new students
- Participate in Lunch & Learns with professors, area professionals, and campus representatives.
- Meet American students through the Campus Cousins program
- Benefit from the experience of our Alumni Mentors
- Attend The Access Temple Awards Ceremony
English for Specific Purposes Field Trips
- Visit Philadelphia-area businesses
- Tour local laboratories
- Connect with urban arts organizations
- Go on weekend or week-long optional trips
Off-campus (in and around Philadelphia)
- Travel with ease from our convenient location between New York City and Washington DC
- Learn about one of America’s most historic and culturally vibrant cities
- Explore Philadelphia’s many museums and galleries
- Experience major sporting events, concerts, theater, ballet, and live entertainment
- Enjoy finding great bargains in Center City’s shopping district
- Visit nearby New Jersey for its beaches and casinos
- Go skiing in the Pocono Mountains
- See Pennsylvania’s famous Dutch Country, home of the Amish community