Right at Home Homestay
A number of Philadelphia residents, all in safe areas within easy access to Temple University, have opened their homes to international students and scholars.A homestay is the only housing option that provides international students and visiting scholars the opportunity to live in an American home while studying in Philadelphia. By sharing life together with their hosts, students have a first-hand experience of American culture and a chance for regular, relaxed conversation in English. Students love the safety and comfort of home while living in an excellent environment for serious study. Students find that a homestay is much more than just renting a room in a house. A homestay is a place that makes you feel right at home.
Homestay hosts are varied.Some host families include a husband, a wife, and children. Some are single professionals.Some are retired Americans who enjoy sharing their homes with students and scholars from all over the world.Each host is chosen for their warm hospitality and gracious homes. All families must go through an extensive application process including an in-home visit to be considered as hosts.
Homestay homes are a popular option for many students, so we recommend applying early, as space is limited. Right at Home Homestay's Website
- A non-refundable application fee of $285.00.The application fee is refunded if space is not available.
- The homestay rate is separate, at $31.00/night, payable four weeks at a time ($868.00) to the host family. The homestay can be extended after the initial four weeks. The first payment is due at your Homestay Orientation, at which time you will also meet your host family. Once you have occupied your homestay, there are no refunds for the first four weeks. Prices are valid through March 2016.
The homestay includes:
- Special friends and family where you live
- Safe, affordable accommodations
- A comfortable, fully furnished, private bedroom
- Daily, self-serve continental breakfast
- Three family-style dinners each week
- Internet access
- Microwave, refrigerator, and laundry facilities
- Regular and relaxed conversation in English
- Rich variety of American cultural experiences
- Lifelong memories of your American family
To apply, fill out the application form.Please note that your Application is not complete and will not be reviewed until your Placement Fee has been paid.