Major Medical Insurance is required for students in the IELP in Non-immigrant Student (F-1 and J-1) status:
- Proof of insurance, in English, must be presented before classes begin each academic term. Your insure must complete and return the health insurance confirmation form.
- Major medical health insurance must provide coverage for a minimum of U.S. $50,000.00.
- Major medical health insurance must provide coverage while the student is in the United States.
- Traveler's insurance is not acceptable for this requirement.
- If you do not have major medical health insurance or do not have proof of current coverage, you may purchase major medical health insurance through the IELP. The current cost of this coverage is approximately U.S. $12.00/week for students under thirty (30) years of age and approximately U.S. $14.00/week for students thirty (30) years or older.