How to Apply
Complete a FREE PAPER APPLICATION and mail it to:
INTENSIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM
1700 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19121 USANOTE: Decision will be made within two days of receiving completed application by mail. For application status inquiry, please email email@example.com or call 215-204-7899. (China: tel 86-13810248477 or China@temple.edu)
Step 1: Fill out your application. There is NO application fee.
Step 2: Mail your documents:
- Photocopy of passport (Name, date of birth, and photo)
- A bank statement, bank letter, or letter of sponsorship. Minimum funds required for 6 months of study is $10,500 USD and for 1 year of study is $21,000 USD for tuition and living expenses.
- For transfer students: You must submit a transfer recommendation letter (http://tinyurl.com/IELPTransferIn)
You must have a high-school diploma or be at least 18 years old to enroll.
Here are some important points to remember:
- Type your full name EXACTLY as it appears on your passport.
- Be sure to check off the program and INDICATE THE SESSION.
- Tell us if you will be applying for an F-1 student visa.
- If you are transferring from another school or institution, please note you must transfer your Sevis Record.
- *If you will be applying for an F-1 visa, you will need to send us a financial statement in U.S. dollars from your bank or a letter from your sponsor or parent(s) indicating you have the funds to support yourself while in the United States.
If this financial statement is from a third party (e.g., a relative or employer), you must also provide a letter from the statement holder, stating he/she is willing to cover your tuition and living expenses while you take part in our program. If your sponsor is a United States permanent resident or citizen, s/he must fill out a government document entitled I-134. This document may be obtained from International Student and Scholar Services, or from another university or establishment that carries government documents.
If you are receiving a scholarship, send a scholarship award letter, on the organization's letterhead, in English, indicating your name and stating the specific expenses that the organization will cover.
- Please also submit a copy of your passport photo identity page.
- If you are a transfer student, you must submit a transfer recommendation letter. You must be in good standing concerning behavior and attendance.
Once you have submitted your application, the Intensive English Language Program will send your admissions decision to you by e-mail.
Once you have submitted all required documents, we will create your I-20, which is the certificate of eligibility you need to apply for your F-1 student visa. We will then send the I-20 to you by express mail, along with an acceptance letter and some information to help you plan for your stay at Temple University.
If you are unable to attend the session that you have applied to for any, please complete the deferral request form.