The Intensive English Language Program at Temple University accepts student applications continuously throughout the year for the Fall, Spring, and Summer sessions.
A paper application is available for upcoming sessions.Online applications are available for upcoming sessions.
A non-refundable $100 USD application fee must be included with your application.
When a form requires your signature, you may type your name on the signature line and this will be considered to be a valid electronic signature.
Please send required documents to this address:
Intensive English Language Program
1700 North Broad Street, Room 211
Philadelphia, PA 19121
U. S. A.
F-1 Student Visa
If you have or are applying for an F-1 student visa, you must also submit the following documents:
- Bank Statement
For Students Sponsoring Themselves
- Send a current, ORIGINAL bank statement showing a minimum of U.S. $21,000.00 on bank letterhead, in your name, signed by a bank official. This must be in English and it must show all amounts in United States dollars (Please visit an online currency converter if you have difficulty changing the amount into United States dollars)
For Students Sponsored by Another Person
- Send a current, ORIGINAL bank statement showing a minimum of U.S. $21,000.00 on bank letterhead, in your sponsor's name, signed by a bank official. This must be in English and it must show all amounts in United States dollars.
- Have your sponsor complete an "Affidavit of Support" form including your name and date of birth, your sponsor's name and relationship to you, and a small paragraph that states exactly what your sponsor will provide (for example, money for tuition, living expenses, room and board). Your sponsor must sign this letter.
- If your sponsor is a United States permanent resident or citizen, s/he must fill out a government document entitled I-134. This document may be obtained from International Student and Scholar Services, or from another university or establishment that carries government documents.
For Students Receiving a Scholarship
- Send a scholarship award letter, on the organization's letterhead, in English, indicating your name and stating the specific expenses that the organization will cover.
If you have already submitted an application form to the Intensive English Language Program and would like to check on the status of your application, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If time is a concern, you may receive your documents via Express Mail. To do this, you must enclose an Express Mail fee with your application materials and application fee. For the cost of Express Mail in your country, please email us at email@example.com.
The I-20 you will be issued will be valid for one year. AFTER you receive your I-20 and BEFORE you apply for a visa to enter the United States, you will need to pay the SEVIS fee.
When you go to your VISA appointment, you must show financial documentation to the United States Consular Officer to prove that you have sufficient funds for your studies in the United States. Therefore, we suggest that you make certified copies of all financial documentation before you submit them to the Intensive English Language Program. In addition, you must show the receipt for your SEVIS fee payment.