Global Living Learning Community
The Global LLC brings together students from all over the world to learn from one another through their differences as well as their similarities. This community addresses and supports issues of isolation, cultural and language barriers and sharing cultural experiences amongst community members. Students are able to experience what they learn in the classroom every day through their interactions with each other.
For more information, contact:
Samantha Kelley, Assistant Director for Global Programs
Madelyn Sullivan, Education Abroad Coordinator
Nguyen (Gwen) Thao Nguyen, Peer Mentor
Ngoc (Nathan) Pham, Peer Mentor
- Acclimation of new international students to Temple and the U.S.
- Expose domestic students to cultures other than their own to encourage
- Encourage domestic students to think about study abroad opportunities
- Provide support for international students both academically and socially as they adjust to a new culture and learning environment in the U.S.
- Open all majors with an interest in international affairs.
- Participants must take the one-credit course on Global Citizenship.
- Certain courses may be available for students in this community in General Education tailored to global issues.
- Residents will be assigned with one domestic student and one international student in each space.
- Residents are required to participate in the Global Temple Conference in the Fall Semester, attend at least one Global Temple Speakers Series programs each semester, and support the development and execution of the Global Cultural Expo.
- In the event a housing assignment was booked in another accommodation, submitting the request for this LLC will allow University Housing and Residential Life to cancel any bookings made previously in order assign you to this LLC.