The Office of International Affairs leads Temple's international initiatives, promoting globalization as one of Temple's core values. The office brings together various constituencies and units, working to integrate a global perspective throughout Temple's academic and co-curricular programs.
International Affairs is divided into two units: Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses, which serves American students/scholars going abroad and International Admissions (undergraduate) and Scholar Services, Intensive English Language Program, and Global Partnerships and Programs, which serves international students/scholars coming to Temple University.
The Office of International Affairs fulfills its mission in the following ways:
- Serving as an expert resource on best practices in international education to the university community.
- Identifying and facilitating strategic global partnerships, and maintaining an inventory of Templeís activities around the globe.
- Directing Education Abroad and Overseas Campuses, including university-wide study abroad and exchange programs.
- Overseeing International Student and Scholar Services, which provides immigration assistance and advising to Temple Universityís international students and scholars.
- Managing select global programs, including the Dual Bachelorís Masterís Degree Program, university-wide inbound study abroad and student exchange, and the Intensive English Language Program.
- Assisting faculty with efforts to internationalize the curriculum and infuse a global perspective into the classroom.
- Marketing, recruiting, and managing undergraduate international admissions.
- Developing and facilitating outreach to the government, business and non-profit sectors on international education.
- Fostering global alumni relations.
- Facilitating faculty opportunities abroad and assisting visiting faculty at Temple.
- Providing programs and services to international students.
- Facilitating and approving all international agreements, university-wide and school/college based.
Read more about Dean Daiís vision for expanding Templeís global presence.