Many of the companies who will attend our Career Fairs come back to campus to conduct interviews.
Once you log into your account, click on Interview Schedules to view the companies interviewing on campus. If interested and you qualify after reading the job description, scroll down to the bottom of the page to apply. The system notifies you if you have been selected to interview. The system will also guide you through the application process. If you apply for this position and are selected to interview you must sign up for an interview time. Typical interviews are held for 30 minutes, some employers request 45-60 minute interviews.
On Campus Recruiting Policies
- Provide accurate information on majors, minors, GPA, and employment eligibility.
- Provide current and reliable contact information to the Career Center and employers.
- Respond appropriately to communication from the Career Center and employers.
- Adhere to schedules-Thoroughly research organizations prior to interviewing and accepting positions.
- Notify the Career Center immediately if you encounter questionable practices or irregularities in the employment process.
- Notify the Career Center in writing upon acceptance of a job offer.
- Withdraw from other on-campus recruiting events upon acceptance of an offer.
- Consider acceptance of employment as a commitment to that employer.
- Reneging an acceptance is not condoned by the Career Center and will result in loss of service to you.
On Campus Recruiting (OCR), your link to employers interviewing on campus for internships and full-time professional jobs. All Temple University undergraduates are eligible to participate in on campus recruitment activities. Some opportunities are available to juniors and seniors based on employer requirement.
Temple University undergraduates can submit resumes to employers through their Owlnetwork (eRecruiting) account. Many employers project a certain number of hires for the current year and will come to campus during the Fall or Spring semester. It is important to be aware of application deadlines so you do not miss any On Campus Recruitment activities.
First time users: Complete your profile and upload a resume on the OwlNetwork. Career Development Services offers resume assistance on a walk-in basis, Monday thru Friday 11:00 am to 2:00 pm, 220 Mitten Hall.
No Show Policy
If You Miss an Interview
Missed interviews will not be tolerated. If you miss an on campus interview, the following procedures must be followed:
- The recruitment coordinator must be notified as soon as possible in order to notify the recruiter.
- You must meet with Linda Lawton, Associate Director of the Career Center to discuss the reason for the missed interview.
- You must submit a letter of apology to the company recruiter with a copy to the Associate Director of the Career Center within 24 hours.
- Your OwlNetwork account will be deactivated until the above conditions are met which will make you ineligible to participate in on campus recruitment or Career Center sponsored events.
- The Career Center will determine if you are eligible to participate in Career Center events.
The Second Missed Interview
- Above conditions 1, 2 and 3 are in effect.
- Your on campus recruiting privileges are revoked.
Students can cancel an interview directly through the OwlNetwork with at least two business days notice. Students must also call the Career Center to notify Linda Lawton, Associate Director at 215-204-7981. A student who cancels the day of an interview must write a letter of apology to the company recruiter with a copy to the Career Center.
Many employers sponsor information sessions as part of the recruitment process. These sessions provide information about the organization, culture, career paths and opportunities. Information sessions may be held the evening before an organization's scheduled on campus interviews and are also held throughout the semester. Information Session schedules can be found in the calendar section of the Owlnetwork.
Arrive at the Career Center 15 minutes prior to your scheduled interview. Sign-in with the receptionist; have a seat until the interviewer greets you.
Second Interviews - Second interviews (and third, fourth, etc...) are typically held off campus and arranged between the interviewer and candidate. Please notify the Career Center once you have received (and accepted) a job offer.