Mock Interviews are offered to help you practice your interviewing skills. 30 minute practice interviews are conducted by employers and professional staff to allow students an opportunity to try out their interviewing skills and receive constructive feedback on how they might improve. Prior sign-up is required.
Sign up for Mock Interview
1. Login to TUportal using your accessnet username and password.
2. Locate "Student Jobs and Internships" on the left navigation bar.
You will see two options:
- Student Jobs @ Temple will connect you to Temple University on campus jobs posted in iGreentree. The Human Resources department manages this site.
- Professional Internships and Jobs will connect you to an overview of the Career Management System (OwlNetwork) and additional job search systems for specific majors. Click "Proceed to OwlNetwork" to access your personal account.
* If you experience difficulty accessing the OwlNetwork system, please submit an online request for help and a Career Center representative will contact you.
What will happen during the Interview
The interview is designed to help you learn to effectively present your skills, abilities, and professionalism. Your interview will be approximately 20 minutes and the remaining time will be used for you and the interviewer to discuss and critique your interview and to address questions you may have. Your interview will be digitally recorded and given to you on a flash drive within 48 hours after your appointment.
Prepare for Your Mock Interview
- Review Interviewing Tips (Interviewing & Professional Dress)
- Know yourself – interests, skills, strengths, weaknesses, and goals
- Research the organization thoroughly, know why you would like to work for them, and have questions prepared for the interviewer
Arrival Time & Location
Plan to arrive 10-15 minutes early for the scheduled mock interview in the Career Center, Mitten Hall, Room 220. Please check in with the Receptionist.
Even though this is a practice interview, it is expected that you will dress appropriately. Review the guidelines in the (link to interviewing page)
Mock Interviews for class assignments will not be given during finals week. It is your responsibility to get your mock interview completed in a timely fashion, which meets your instructor’s deadline.
All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance; so the cancellation is logged no later than the business day prior to the appointment. For example, cancellation of a Monday interview must be made, at latest, on Friday, the business day prior.
If you need to cancel your mock interview, for any reason, cancel online here or use the link provided in your confirmation e-mail. When you cancel, you will be prompted to release your time slot. You have the opportunity to register for another mock interview time slot, if you desire.
If you do not show up for your scheduled mock interview and/or alert the Career Center 24 hours in advance, per cancellation rules above, that you cannot attend, you will be blocked from scheduling future mock interviews
REMINDER: When you request an interview, a commitment is made by both you and the interviewer to be there, and responsibility is shared by both parties. Failure to appear for a “real” interview is not acceptable behavior and will in fact lead to rejection as a candidate for employment. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please call the office at (215) 204-7981 to cancel or reschedule.