Internship & Job Search
The Career Center offers a full range of job search services and resources to help students connect with employers for internships, part-time and full-time jobs. Listed in this section are links to specific web resources to assist with your search. We encourage you to explore these web resources and expand your research through networking and informational interviews. To discuss these resources, your research and to develop your personal job search strategy, schedule an appointment with one of our career coaches.
The Career Guide is a comprehensive collection of job search resources, tips and strategies relevant to all majors and industries.
Additional Career Services in Schools and Colleges Many academic units also have specific career and professional development resources targeted specifically to their school/college.
OwlNetwork is the university-wide internship and professional job database. Students can be taken to OwlNetwork by clicking here to access the Career Center channel on TUportal or by following these instructions:
1. Login to TUportal using your accessnet username and password.
2. Locate "Career Center" on the left navigation bar.
3. Select the link and you will be taken to the Career Center's page.
4. Click "Proceed to OwlNetwork" to access your personal account.
- If you experience difficulty accessing the OwlNetwork system, please submit an online request for help and a Career Center representative will contact you..
Internships give students the opportunity to capitalize on what they are learning in the classroom and apply it in a work setting. Internships help students to build and enhance their skills, provide practical experience so often sought by employers, and offer excellent opportunities to establish contacts in their career field. Professional internships are available both on- and off-campus, and may be paid, unpaid and completed for academic credit in many majors.
Internships for all academic majors are posted in the OwlNetwork, the university-wide internship posting system managed by the Career Center.
Many academic departments have resources related to internships, so for department-specific information and/or to obtain information about receiving academic credit for an internship, students should contact their respective school or college.
For part-time jobs on campus (including work study):
go to TU Portal: http://tuportal.temple.edu
click: 'Student Tools' - 'Student Jobs @ Temple'
For off-campus work study jobs, visit:
Student Financial Services Job Bank
Part-time jobs with employers off campus:
Explore, learn and connect throughout the year with hundreds of employers through the Owlnetwork – Temple’s on-line job posting system
There are many facets to a successful job search and the most important key is to fully utilize all of the resources that are available to you. The Career Center has compiled strategic job search resources, tips and strategies into a personal tool kit called the Senior Success Portfolio. Students are welcome to download the Senior Success Portfolio and for maximum benefit it is strongly encouraged to attend one of the corresponding Job Search Strategy Sessions which are held in the fall and spring semesters. See the Career Center workshop calendar for specific dates.
Career coaching appointments are available Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Call 215.204.7981 to schedule an appointment.
Job Search Resources
College of Education
- Delaware Department of Education
- New York
- On-Line Application System
- Charter/Private/Parochial Schools
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Carney, Sandoe & Associates
College of Engineering
- Engineering Technology
- Employment Crossing
- Diversity Working Engineering Technician Job Postings
College of Health Professions
- Communication Sciences
- Communications Disorder Major
- Career Guide
College of Liberal Arts
- Human Service, Nonprofit, & Cultural
- Action Against Hunger
- African Development Foundation
- Catholic Source
- Center for World Indigenous Studies
- Christian Jobs
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Diversity Working
- Feminist Majority Foundation
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
- Human Rights Campaign
- Jewish Organizing Initiative
- LGBT CareerLink
- LGBT Resource Professionals
- Opportunity Knocks
- Serve Philadelphia
- Social Work Career Center
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
- Law School Admission Council
Department of Landscape Architecture and Horticulture
College of Science and Technology
- CST Research Opportunities
Center for the Arts
School of Media and Communication
- General Communications Resources
- Occupational Outlook
- Show Biz Jobs Listings
- Center for Communication
- National Communication Association
- Communication Arts
- Philly Creative Guide
- Freelance Jobs
- Media Bistro
- Advertising and Media Job Openings
- Philadelphia Cultural Alliance
- Society for Technical Communication
- International Communication Association
- International Association of Business Communicators
- Occupational Outlook
- Editor and Publisher
- American Copy Editors Society Job Postings
- National Newspaper Publishers Association
- Newspaper Career Bank
- Magazine Publishers of America Job Bank
- The New York Times
- Poynter Institute's Career Center
- Society of Professional Journalist
- Society for News Design
- Writer's Digest
- Strategic Communication
- Occupational Outlook
- PRWeek Jobs
- Council of Public Relations Firms
- Public Relations Student Society of America
- O'Dwyer's PR Daily
- National Black Public Relations Society Job Bank
- Rhetoric Society of America
- American Society for Training and Development Career Center
- Society for Human Resource Management