Copyright 2019, Temple University. All rights reserved.
Internships & Job Search
The Career Center offers a full range of job search services and resources to help students connect with employers for internships, part-time and full-time jobs. Listed in this section are links to specific web resources to assist with your search. We encourage you to explore these web resources and expand your research through networking and informational interviews. To discuss these resources, your research and to develop your personal job search strategy, schedule an appointment with one of our career coaches.
The Career Guide is a comprehensive collection of job search resources, tips and strategies relevant to all majors and industries.
Handshake is the university-wide internship and professional job database. Students can be taken to Handshake by clicking here and entering their AccessNet username and password.
Please note, the Career Center thoroughly vets both employers and career opportunities within the Handshake system. However, we highly encourage you to conduct your own research on the opportunities you apply for. Our online approval does not indicate endorsement of an employer, product, or service. Here are a few red flags of a potentially fraudulent job or internship:
- The hourly pay seems "too good to be true" ($20.00+/hour).
- The employer contacts you via text message, with no in-person contact.
- The employer claims to be "out of town/out of the country" and needs you to run errands for them.
- The employer asks you to send them money or offers to send you a check in advance of completing any work.
Other precautions you can take:
- Research company websites thoroughly.
- Use social media to research each employer, and websites such as Glassdoor.com for feedback and complaints.
- Be cognizant of unsolicited emails that are not specifically directed to you.
- Do not share personal information (social security numbers, banking information, credit card numbers, passwords, birthday, mother's maiden name).
Click here to view a complete list of red flags to consider. If you have any questions or are concerned about any opportunities on Handshake, please contact the Career Center before applying.