Copyright 2012-2017, Temple University. All rights reserved.
Posting a Job or Internship
How do you make our students aware of your great job and internship opportunities? Post in our NEW system, Handshake! Last year we posted over 7,400 job and internship roles for our students from over 3,000 employers. To enhance visibility, the Career Center sends out weekly job blasts to over 9,000 students. Start getting noticed and attracting applicants for your jobs and internships
Tips for quality job descriptions:
- Qualifications are essential. If a degree is preferred, include that language. Students want to know they will be using their degree. Phrases like detail-oriented, organized, and social media savvy do not tell students if they are qualified for the job.
- Provide as much detail as possible. The more students know about the day-to-day activities of the position, the more likely they are to apply.
- Links in your job description to videos or social media that shed light on your company are great!
On average, Temple students value these career goals and company attributes:
Highlighting these areas within your job description can add value and increase applications.
Our goal is to support and assist students in gaining employment opportunities that are developmental, educational, and ideally in the field of their academic pursuits. Our primary focus is full-time salaried and internship opportunities. Please note that Temple University Career Center thoroughly vets employer registrations as well as job postings to ensure compliance to FLSA standards. We also reserve the right to decline or remove any job posting that they feel is not in the best interests of our students.
Temple University Career Center will not post the following jobs;
- Positions through a 3rd party recruitment agency
- Positions that require students to solicit products or services from students, faculty, or staff of the university