Copyright 2012-2017, Temple University. All rights reserved.
Posting a Job or Internship
Do you want to enhance your brand on campus and start seeing great Temple applicants? Register in our NEW system, Handshake! Not only will Handshake allow you to register for events and post jobs and internships for Temple students, but as an open source network, Handshake allows employers to post positions at other institutions with just one click. Start enhancing your brand and attracting applicants for your jobs and internships today!
Handshake Quick Tips:
- Register as an employer and select the schools with which you want to partner.
- Review the Notifications tab in your profile, as this tab will inform you of critical emails or announcements from the system.
- The approval process for the Temple University Career Center can take up to 48 hours.
- Once approved, you will be able to post jobs and internships in Handshake.
In order to generate as many applicants as possible, here are a few suggestions to add value to your job description:
- Provide as much detail as possible. The more students know about the day-to-day activities of the position, the more likely they are to apply.
- Indicate any potential opportunities for advancement. Our students are looking to grow.
- Our students are largely committed to giving back. You may want to add information about your organization's community service or philanthropic efforts.
The Temple University Career Center makes every effort to share employment opportunities that are developmental, educational, and ideally fall within the field of a student's academic pursuits. We want employers to provide these experiences in accordance with federal labor laws, and to compensate students fairly for the work they complete.
While posting in Handshake, please describe how your unpaid internship meets the criteria noted on the Department of Labor's website. Please note that the Temple University Career Center thoroughly vets employer registrations as well as job postings to ensure compliance.
If you are offering/requiring academic credit for an internship with your organization, please be advised that in order to receive academic credit, Temple students must register by the following dates
- Fall: September 10, 2018
- Spring: January 28, 2019
Temple University Career Center will not post the following jobs;
- Positions through a 3rd party recruitment agency
- Positions that require students to solicit products or services from students, faculty, or staff of the university