Build Your Brand
Posting a Job
How do you make our students aware of your great job and internship opportunities? Post in the new and improved OwlNetwork! Last year we posted over 7,400 job and internship roles for our students from over 3,000 employers. To enhance visibility the Career Center sends out weekly job blasts to over 9,000 students. Start getting noticed and attracting applicants for your jobs and internships today!
Tips for quality job descriptions:
- Should include daily tasks and responsibilities (SAMPLE).
- Qualifications are essential. If a degree is preferred, include that language. Students want to know they will be using their degree. Phrases like detail-oriented, organized, and social media savvy do not tell students if they are qualified for the job.
- Provide as much detail as possible. The more students know about the day-to-day activities of the position, the more likely they are to apply.
- Differentiate your job. Titles like Account Manager, Analyst, and Project Coordinator are posted daily and therefore receive fewer clicks.
- Links in your job description to videos or social media that shed light on your company are great!
Our goal is to support and assist students in gaining employment opportunities that are developmental, educational, and ideally in the field of their academic pursuits. Our primary focus is full-time salaried and internship opportunities. Please note that Temple University Career Center thoroughly vets employer registrations as well as job postings to ensure compliance to FLSA standards. We also reserve the right to decline or remove any job posting that they feel is not in the best interests of our students.
When accessing the OwlNetwork please know that you will be required to create a company/organization account. Our team can take up to 48 hours to approve that access request and you will receive an email confirming your acceptance. All job postings are also vetted by the Employer Partnership Team and can take up to 48 hours to approve. During this period, our team may contact you via email or phone if clarification is required. Your patience during this process is greatly appreciated!
Temple University Career Center will not post the following jobs;
- Positions through a 3rd party recruitment agency
- Positions that require students to solicit products or services from students, faculty, or staff of the university