Connect with Students
Opportunities to provide...
Internships and Jobs at Your Organization
- Post positions on the OwlNetwork: Promoting your organization’s internships and jobs to Temple students is a win/win proposition. The OwlNetwork is the university-wide job and internship posting system and is available to all current students. This is a great opportunity to help students while also helping your organization hire the best candidate – a Temple Owl, of course!
- Action Step: Go to www.temple.edu/careercenter, click on the 'Employer' tab and follow the instructions to post an internship or job. Questions? Contact Linda Lawton, email@example.com
Interviewing Experience and Guidance
- Conduct Mock Interviews: Do you have experience interviewing candidates for jobs? Please consider sharing your experience and time with students by conducting “mock” interviews and providing feedback to students in a supportive environment. Mock interviews are held on Main Campus in the Career Center, 220 Mitten Hall, throughout the fall and spring semesters and require either a full- or half-day commitment.
- Action Step: Contact Christine Brady, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be added as a volunteer mock interviewer. The Career Center will follow up with dates and details.
Career Path Information and Options
- Participate in an Alumni Career Panel or Classroom Presentations: Industry-specific employer and alumni panels are held throughout the academic year to help educate Temple students about career paths and opportunities within specific career fields.
- Action Step: Contact Christine Brady, email@example.com, to be added as a volunteer presenter. The Career Center will follow up with date options and details.
Networking Practice and Feedback
- Attend the Alumni and Student Networking Night: Held the third week in February as part of the University-wide Career Week, the Alumni and Student Networking Night provides the opportunity for students to practice and improve their networking skills with alumni volunteers. Co-sponsored by Temple University Young Alumni, Black Alumni Alliance, Office of Leadership Development and Career Center, this event attracts hundreds of students and alumni and is a great way to make an immediate impact.
- Action Step: Register for this event at www.alumni.temple.edu – registration opens in January. Questions? Contact Ashley Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org