Navigate using the compass
Grants from the Provost's Office are expanding interdisciplinary research and creative work and yielding contributions that will benefit the region, nation and world. Renowned faculty (Davis, Hitchcock and Immerman, Houser, Ma, Steinberg, Suri) are contributing to advancing the ranking (currently RU/H--High Research Activity and working toward RU/VH--Very High Research Activity). Concurrently, the Teaching and Learning Center is improving graduate student teaching through the Provost's Teaching Academy.
To expand Temple's impact as a large urban research institution, the university is establishing a major fund to retain and recruit outstanding faculty; improving the quality and quantity of research labs and facilities; providing consulting to entrepreneurs and investing in scholarships, stipends and facilities to attract graduate and professional students and post doctoral fellows.
- Increased sponsored research by 5% from 2007 to 2009
- Increased the number of clinical/translational trials conducted on the Health Sciences campus
- Established 3 new named and endowed professorships in 2009-2010
- Increased interdisciplinary entrepreneurial enterprises
- Awarded ~$1,000,000 in interdisciplinary seed grants to faculty
- Recruited, invested in and supported faculty research and creative expression (PDF)