Navigate using the compass
Temple University is the nexus for numerous research, teaching and outreach programs that positively affect Philadelphia and its surrounding metropolitan region. Its future is inextricably linked to the well-being and prosperity of people and organizations in the Greater Philadelphia region and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The university will continue to provide a stewardship of place that respects, understands, builds upon and enhances the region's unique historic, physical, cultural and community assets.
Temple will provide more opportunities for students and faculty to become active learners and participants in addressing major societal issues that challenge all metropolitan areas, and in particular, the Greater Philadelphia region.
The transformative General Education curriculum, which integrates a "Philadelphia Experience" in its foundation courses, will be a springboard for community awareness and engagement among Temple students.
- Foster metro-collaborative partnerships in research, service and outreach
- Foster metro-collaborative partnerships in teaching and learning at both graduate and undergraduate levels
- Create metro-engagement opportunities through curricular and co-curricular activities
- Seek Carnegie Community Engagement classification (Curricular and Outreach and Partnerships)
- Build a comprehensive database of faculty expertise and scholarship related to metro-engagement
- Promote sustainability on Temple University campuses and adjacent communities