Swati Nagar, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
3307 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
office Room 434
phone (215) 707-9110
- Nagar S, Remmel R, Hebbel R, Zimmerman C. Metabolism of opioids is altered in liver microsomes of sickle cell transgenic mice. Drug Metab Dispos 2004;32:98 - 104. [ pdf ]
- Nagar S, Zalatoris JJ, Blanchard RL. Human UGT1A6 pharmacogenetics: identification of a novel SNP, characterization of allele frequencies and functional analysis of recombinant allozymes in human liver tissue and in cultured cells. Pharmacogenetics 2004 Aug;14(8):487-99. [ pdf ]
- Nagar S, Blanchard RL. Pharmacogenetics of uridine diphosphoglucuronosyltransferase (UGT) 1A family members and its role in patient response to irinotecan. Drug Metab Rev 2006;38(3):393-409. [ pdf ]
- Nagar S, Remmel RP. Uridine diphosphoglucuronosyltransferase pharmacogenetics and cancer. Oncogene 2006;25(11):1659-72.
[ pdf ]
- Nagar S, Walther S, Blanchard RL. Sulfotransferase (SULT) 1A1 polymorphic variants *1, *2, and *3 are associated with altered enzymatic activity, cellular phenotype, and protein degradation. Mol Pharmacol 2006 Jun;69(6):2084-92. [ pdf ]
- Ung D, Nagar S. Variable sulfation of dietary polyphenols by recombinant human sulfotransferase (SULT) 1A1 genetic variants and SULT1E1. Drug Metab Dispos 2007 May;35(5):740-6. [ pdf ]
- Xie S, Furjanic MA, Ferrara JJ, McAndrew NR, Ardino EL, Ngondara A, Bernstein Y, Thomas KJ, Kim E, Walker JM, Nagar S, Ward SJ, and Raffa RB. The endocannabinoid system and rimonabant: a new drug with a novel mechanism of action involving cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonism--or inverse agonism--as potential obesity treatment and other therapeutic use. J Clin Pharm Ther 2007 Jun;32(3):209-31. [ pdf ]
- Kadiev E, Mosaferirad P, Patel V, Thankachan L, Tram A, Weinlein M, Woodfin K, Raffa RB, Nagar S. Role of pharmacogenetics in variable response to drugs: focus on opioids. Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology 2008; 4(1):77 - 91. [ pdf ]
- Nagar S and Raffa RB. Looking beyond the administered drug: metabolites of opioid analgesics. The Journal of Family Practice 2008; 57(6A):S1 - S8. [ pdf ]
- Argikar UA, Iwuchukwu OF, and Nagar S. Update on tools for evaluation of UGT polymorphisms. Expert Opinion on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology 2008; 4(7): 879 - 894. [ pdf ]
- Iwuchukwu OF and Nagar S. Resveratrol glucuronidation exhibits atypical enzyme kinetics in various protein sources. Drug Metabolism and Disposition 2008; 36: 322 - 330.
- Ung D, Cowan A, Parkman HP, and Nagar S. Lack of interaction between morphine and metoclopramide in vitro and in mice. Xenobiotica 2008; 38(11): 1365 - 1376.
- Ung D and Nagar S. Trans-resveratrol - mediated inhibition of β-oestradiol conjugation in MCF-7 cells stably expressing human sulfotransferases SULT1A1 or SULT1E1, and human liver microsomes. Xenobiotica 2009; 39(1): 72 - 79.
- Dhami H, Fritz CE, Gankin B, Pak SH, Yi W, Seya M-J, Raffa RB, and Nagar S. The chemokine system and CCR5 antagonists: potential in HIV treatment and other novel therapies. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics 2009; 34: 147 - 160.
- Varga LI, Ako-Agugua N, Colasante J, Hertweck L, Houser T, Smith J, Watty AA, Nagar S, and Raffa RB. Critical review of ropinirole and pramipexole - putative dopamine D3-receptor selective agonists - for the treatment of RLS. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics 2009; 34: 493 - 505.
- Iwuchukwu OF, Ajetunmobi J, Ung D, and Nagar S. Characterizing the effects of common polymorphisms in UGT1A6 and UGT1A1 on cis and trans resveratrol glucuronidation. Drug Metabolism and Disposition 2009; 37: 1726 - 1732.
- Ung D, Parkman HP, and Nagar S. Metabolic interactions between prokinetic agents domperidone and erythromycin: an in vitro analysis. Xenobiotica 2009; 39: 749 - 756.
- Iwuchukwu OF and Nagar S. Cis-resveratrol glucuronidation kinetics in human and recombinant UGT1A sources. Xenobiotica 2010; 40: 102 - 108.
- Babalola CP, Adejumo O, Ung D, Xu Z, Odetunde A, Kotila T, Falusi AG, and Nagar S. Cytochrome P450 CYP2C19 genotypes in Nigerian sickle cell disease patients and normal controls. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics 2010, in press.
- Toussaint K, Yang XC, Zielinski MA, Reigle KL, Sacavage SD, Nagar S, and Raffa RB. What do we (not) know about how paracetamol (acetaminophen) works? Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics 2009, accepted for publication.