Research Scientist, Moulder Center
3307 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
office Room 501
phone (215) 707-1374
Biosketch | Selected Publications
- H Babbe, N Chester, P Leder and B Reizis. 2007. The Bloom’s syndrome helicase is critical for early thymic development of T lymphocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2007. 27: 1947-1959.
- N Chester, H Babbe, J Pinkas, C Manning and P Leder. 2006. Mutation of the murine Bloom’s syndrome gene produces global genome destabilization. Mol Cell Biol. 2006. 26:6713-6726. Cover art photograph published in February 2007, vol. 27 issue 3.
- LD McDaniel†, N Chester, M Watson, AD Borowsky, P Leder, and R Schultz. Chromosome instability and tumor predisposition inversely correlate with BLM protein levels. DNA Repair 2003. 2:13807-1404. †N Chester and LD McDaniel are co-authors.
- N Chester, F Kuo, C Kozak, CD O'Hara and P Leder. Stage-specific apoptosis, developmental delay and embryonic lethality in mice homozygous for a targeted disruption in the murine Bloom's syndrome gene. Genes Dev. 1998. 12:3382-93.
- JA McElhinny, SA Trushin, GD Bren, N Chester and CV Paya. Casein kinase II phosphorylates I kappa B alpha at S-283, S-289, S-293, and T-291 and is required for its degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 1996. 16:899-906.
- N Chester, IJ Yu and DR Marshak. Identification and characterization of protein kinase CKII isoforms in HeLa cells. Isoform-specific differences in rates of assembly from catalytic and regulatory subunits. J. Biol. Chem. 1995. 270:7501-14.
Manuscript in preparation:
- N Chester, Blair Weig, Guichy Waller and Shane Taremi. SIRT1 Catalytic Domain Binds Substrate, NAD cofactor and CHIC-35 Inhibitor. 2013.
- 2010. PEGS Protein Engineering Conference, Boston, MA. Presented poster.
- 2005. Genome Instability and Repair. Keystone Symposia, Taos, NM. Gave talk in addition to poster presentation.
- 2002. DNA helicases, cancer and aging. Keystone Symposia, Lake Tahoe, CA. Presented poster.
- 1998. Mouse molecular genetics. Cold Spring Harbor meeting, Cold Spring Harbor, New York. Presented poster.
- 1996. Mouse molecular genetics. Cold Spring Harbor meeting, Cold Spring Harbor, New York.
- 1997. Workshop on Werner syndrome and related helicase diseases. NIH and National Institute on Aging. Bethesda, MD. Presented talk.